Blog friends and yarn

So today I got to meet Roxanne and her husband, R. Roxanne was instantly likable -- relaxed and mellow with a soothing presence.

We all had brunch at Good in the Village. There was no wait, a rarity. I guess everyone cleared out for the Fourth of July weekend. Roxanne got the batido of the day, which was supposed to be banana pineapple, but it was pink! However, it looked and tasted yummy (I am told). They were on top of their game with the pancakes, too. I checked out the French toast a nearby patron got -- thick slices of bread with cream cheese spread inside, sprinkled with banana slices. I fear it would be too heavy, but it's nice to ogle.

Afterward D went for a bike ride and the three of us continued on to Purl, New York's best yarn store (in my opinion, anyway). I love reveling in the colors and textures. I had a gift certificate to burn, and Roxanne picked up some sock yarn.

Here's the adorable dishcloth Roxanne gave me:


And the yarn I bought:


I'm glad they came to New York.

Comments

Reighnie said…
I can't wait until I can get back to my crafts. I remember ogling yarn in the stores. Now I just look through catalogs and dream.

So many projects, so little time!
Bearette said…
The ogling is fun, isn't it? I think I've been knitting too much, though...my left eye is bloodshot!
This suzy said…
That's so cool that you got to meet! I'm jealous. ;)
Bearette said…
Maybe someday there will be a blog gathering in Canada :)
Roxanne said…
I'm glad we met too! Thanks again for the yarn and the mini-tour of the Village. Can't wait to see you next time. And don't forget if you're ever in Ohio..... (we actually do have stuff here to make it worth visiting)

I think a gathering in Canada would be a great excuse for all of us to visit that great land. :)
Bearette said…
Hee...maybe a summer gathering :) It might be too cold in the winter. But we could all look for caribou or something.

I'll definitely look you guys up if I'm in Ohio...and we can try a new brunch place next time you're in New York :) I have a few of them up my sleeve.
Anonymous said…
No pictures of the meet-up? Or the pancakes?

;)
Bearette said…
Yeah, I decided not to bring my camera to the resto...too heavy to lug around. Maybe next time...
Roxanne said…
We had our camera along but forgot to get it out. I guess I was having too good a time to remember.
This suzy said…
If you all come up this way, we can go to Jasper and see the elk and the big horned sheep and the mountains! :)
Bearette said…
Can we pat the sheep?
:)
Amy said…
Ted and I just booked a trip in September to NYC...I will need some good local recommendations!
Bearette said…
Good (for brunch) is a definite place to go! They have lemon ricotta pancakes with strawberries...

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!