Wildlife and TV

So I had another unsettling dream. I was sitting in a kitchen that looked like my mother's, but D was there and it was our NYC apartment. We saw a small mouse nibbling in the corner.

"D, there's a mouse," I told him.

"It's okay," he said.

Note: I married the most unflappable man in the universe. I had to rip out a hat and start over last night due to some hairiness when I changed from circular needles to double-pointed needles (a move I have never done before). He said soothingly, "It will all work out." I could be running through the apartment screaming and on fire and he would say, "It's okay, honey, just stop, drop and roll." It's a nice complement to my high-strungness.

Anyway, going back to the dream. The small mouse vanished. Then a large one appeared in its place. It was the SIZE OF A PUPPY, except it was gray. It nibbled something with great enthusiasm near my foot. I stood on my chair. I tried to shoo it, but it RAN TOWARD ME.

"It'll work out," D said.

I woke with a start.

Also, I saw Rainer yesterday. It was raining, and my pants were wet. My knowledge of cats is limited because I have allergies (but not very severe with Rainer. Interesting, huh?) but I know they don't like water.

When I came in, he was curled up, faux-sleeping on a small red footrest. He climbed onto my lap and stayed there for a while. Then he got off of his own volition and returned to the footrest! He seemed vaguely apologetic. I couldn't help but take it personally. I'm hoping it was just the pants. But what a 180. Last time I went, he had acute separation anxiety.

I guess he is a cat of many colors (though literally, just black and grey.)

Speaking of which, Grey's Anatomy is losing its allure for me. As Roxanne pointed out, Big Love is so much better. Stop reading if you haven't seen the last episode...

So we saw the last episode two nights ago. Suzy had mentioned that Barb was crying so I figured out that she would be outed at the ceremony. (I'm going to stop reading whenever there's a hint of a spoiler now.) But I enjoyed it anyway. I don't think the leaked secret will change their lives that much. I think it will provide sustainable conflict...enough to drive the plot, not enough to threaten their lifestyle.

I can't wait for Season 2 to start. I suspect D and I will be watching it on HBO Demand (which we have even though we don't have HBO, and it appears to be free - D tested it last night by starting an episode of Entourage) instead of waiting patiently for Netflix.

Comments

This suzy said…
I think we need to start a Big Love discussion group. After telling Master more about it, he was even interested and wanted to watch! lol
Caro said…
Ranier was punishing you for last time. Cats have long memories. :)
blackcrag said…
I don't agree with Caro. I think it was a measure of his affection that Ranier sat on your lap at all.
jules said…
That's some dream! That would constitute a nightmare for me, and when it started running toward me, in real life I would've yelled out loud from my sleep!

We need some new Grey's Anatomy's! For a sec I thought the 2nd season of Big Love may have started, but I see you're watching eps. of Season 1!
Bearette said…
C & BC - I hope BC is right! I think it was just the pants.

Jules & Suzy - I hope Season 2 starts soon!
Roxanne said…
Season 2 can't come soon enough!

That was definitely not a snub. If a cat even acknowledges your presence, you should definitely be elated. Take it from an experienced person who is owned by a cat (there are no such things as cat owners). ;)

Creepy dream, but I love your husbands reaction...both in dream and real life.
Anonymous said…
I had a dream about Leonardo DiCaprio!

(he's old enough for that not to be sick, right?)
Bearette said…
Hehe! I think he is actually our age, he just looks like a baby ;) I'll hop over to Wikipedia to check...yep, he's a year older than us, born in '74.
Roxanne said…
'74? That's old enough for me to drool too. :P

Which I've been doing since Titanic.
Caro said…
It seems I'm wrong about Ranier. Maybe that's why I'm a dog person. They're easier to read. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!