Bearette's first cable

I taught myself how to cable a while back, but I just did it with a bit of practice yarn. Here is my first cable creation:

Nice, huh? One cable is a little messy...or to be more precise, it looks like I forgot to twist it at one point, so it's straight for longer than it should be. However, it's very close to the top, and I plan to wear it on the back! D says it's not noticeable.

I watched Conversations with Other Women from Netflix recently. Not very good. Kind of talky and stagey; it had "made from a play into a movie" written all over it. Also, the title made no sense. It should have been A Movie-Length Conversation Between a Man and a Woman with a Few Brief Interruptions. But then, I suppose, no one would have watched it. Well, I still might have. I do like dialogue, as long as it's good.

I think the problem was, they were so steeped in ennui, it was hard to care about them. A little enthusiasm or life force goes a long way.

There were a couple very true moments though...once Helena Bonham Carter and Aaron Eckhart were in an elevator with another woman, who was sugary-sweet to Aaron and ice-cold to Helena. I'm sure we have all encountered women like that ;)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Awesome hat :) It looks very warm...what kind of yarn did you use?
Bearette said…
Thanks! I used Filatura di Crosa Zara - Italian merino. I'll definitely be using it again.
Mz.Elle said…
You are my knitting hero!
Look at you go,trying new stuff.
I'm still a beginer and I've been knitting for years,lol
I think the cables look perfect:)
Bearette said…
Thanks, Ms. L! I can't wait to do a sweater. I think the seams will be the hardest part.
Roxanne said…
I love the look of that hat. Just from the picture it looks so yummy and soft. :)

I go to my first knitting group get-together tomorrow. The theme this time is "show and tell". Should be fun!
Bearette said…
Rox - thanks! Sounds like a good photo op :)
bdogg_mcgee said…
Wow, Bearette, that hat is AWESOME! I love cable-knits. :)

And Aaron Eckhart is hot....I loved him in "Thank You For Smoking."
Bearette said…
Thanks! I liked him in Possession, too :)

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!