Ugh

I have to do taxes tomorrow. Yuck. Is anyone else not looking forward to this? What's worse is, it's a lot more complicated than the last time I filed my taxes. Even though I'm making less money. I have to file a lot of weird schedules (okay, just one, but still) because technically (at least at some studios) yoga teachers are self-employed. Double ugh.

I went to the library today to drop off and pick up some books. There were four yummy ones waiting for me. Am currently reading The Knitting Circle by Ann Hood (initially thought this would be terribly depressing, but it's quite good) and Frogs and French Kisses by Sarah Mlynowski (a YA book about a girl whose sister and mother are witches).

Anyway, on my way out I stopped at the tax table to pick up some forms. I put it off too long, and the 1040s and 1040As were all gone. I picked up some instructions, and noticed a nice, white wolfy dog with beautiful blue eyes, tied to the stairway railing. I found her tags (I often do this because I'm afraid the dog has been abandoned, and curious to see its name, although in this case there was no name given). She was really friendly and licked my nose a number of times. It turns out she's thirteen and her owner has had her since she was six weeks old. Wouldn't it be nice to be a dog and not have to do taxes?

Comments

Kristen said…
I loved The Knitting Circle. It is a little depressing but also kind of uplifting.
This suzy said…
I did my taxes back in Feb. I like to get them done as soon as I can. That way I don't have to worry about the deadline and I get my refund sooner!
Caro said…
I have three dogs and our taxes are done. We already spent the money though. :(
Anonymous said…
We did our taxes in Feb, like Suzy. We just couldn't wait to send another huge check to the federal government!

Did you know you can print the tax forms on the IRS website?
Bearette said…
I used to do taxes early. Now it's too complicated.

We have no printer at home.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!