It is a truth universally acknowledged...

...that you never see the celebrities you want to see.

Now, I know it's always fun to see someone famous. The shock of recognition. Is that...? Yes, it is!

But I keep seeing ones I don't care about. I mean, I wish them well, but...I saw Amy Sedaris again today, on the way to Pilates. She's never smiling warmly like she is on the cover of her hospitality book. There's always a scowl on her face.

I want to see Woody Allen and Diane Keaton. One of my yoga students saw them together on the Upper East Side.

Some fun things I did see:
  • a schoolbus full of children who for some reason got really excited to see me, and started waving. They were thrilled when I waved back. It was cute.
  • a man who saved a Papillon. They look like Pomeranians, but he explained that they come from "the north." She previously belonged to a lady who neglected her. I'm glad she was rescued.
And in other news: I'll be getting 11 skeins of yarn in the mail soon, so I can start a sweater. (I'm currently working on Christmas gifts, which I won't put up pictures of, because you never know who is reading.) The yarn for the sweater is Noro Cash Iroha - a blend of cashmere, silk, wool and nylon. Maybe I'll roll around in it when it arrives :)

Comments

blackcrag said…
Rolling around on the wool. Yeah, that's leaving a really ... interesting... image in my head.

I don't think I've ever met a celebritiy on the street. Then, I probably wouldn't recognize them if I did.

You must have bits of yarn left over from each project. Have you thought of tying them all together and rolling them up in a ball and give the ball to Rainer?
Bearette said…
That's a sweet thought. I actually do have "waste yarn" as they call it...I usually use it to hold the thumb stitches when I make mittens.

D never recognizes celebrities either. We saw Tyra Banks once and he had no idea who she was. Until I told him.
Anonymous said…
If I stretch out on the floor, Alex runs over to roll around in my hair.

I have a feeling he's a strange dog.
Amy said…
I so agree with you that you never see the celebs you want...I've lived in LA for almost two years now and the one celebrity I've seen randomly up close & personal was Elliot Gould, who held the door open for me at The Beverly Hills Hotel. I used to see celebs in NYC all the time though...Edie Falco, James Gandolfini, Tiki Barber, Rob Lowe, heck even Bob Guiney from The Bachelor. Enjoy the yarn!
This suzy said…
I almost always wave at kids on buses if they wave because I remember how much fun that was when I was a kid. :)
Bearette said…
Maybe there should be a swapping service, so you can swap with people who've seen the celebrities you want to see ;)

I've seen Susan Sarandon, Tyra Banks, Paul Newman, Ethan Hawke (ok, that one was good), Edward Norton (ditto), Whoopi Goldberg, Nathan Lane, Kevin Bacon, Kyra Sedgewick and Lucy Liu.
Bearette said…
Rob Lowe is a fun one.
Roxanne said…
Kevin Bacon? Now we can play "The Six Degrees of Bearette". ;)

I also like the mental picture of you rolling around on the wool. I always have to rub the yarn on my cheek when it's super soft. :)
Mz.Elle said…
LOL Oooooh I'd love to roll around in THAT!

I've come across a few celebrities here in BC.
Local newscasters,sports legends,Gwyneth Paltrow...couple of others. My favourite time was when Huey Lewis walked towards us in the mall(he and Gwyneth were shooting that one they did together..Duets I think) and he smiled at Ciari in her baby buggy.
It was totally natural and sweet,just a normal encounter. I like that much better than the whole OHMYGOSH you're a celebrity thing. My friend once met Alan Thicke and commented on how lovely his daughter was...only to find out it was his WIFE! bwaahaaahaa.
Better to keep ones mouth shut;p
Bearette said…
Rox - i love it when it's super soft.

Ms. L - oops!!
Caro said…
Maybe the kids on the bus thought you were a celebrity.
Bearette said…
Hee. The cashier at the grocery store said I looked like someone on a soap she watches. I didn't find out which soap, though. Hopefully I won't get killed off ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!