Recipe

So I've fallen in love with this recipe. It's easy and good. I adapted it from The Five Ingredient Vegetarian Gourmet by Nava Atlas.

Zucchini Tortellini

1 lb frozen tortellini
3 or 4 cloves minced garlic
4 small zucchini, sliced
2 1/2 tbsp olive oil, divided
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes

Boil the tortellini. In the meantime, saute the zucchini, garlic and red pepper flakes in 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil over medium heat for about 5 minutes.

Combine the tortellini and zucchini. Add the other tbsp olive oil. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.

I strongly recommend it. In the past, I've found tortellini too dry...but the zucchini is sweet and juicy and really complements it.

In heart-warming news, my sister's boyfriend rescued a small boy cat. He took him to a shelter (he already has a few cats of his own, I think) and went to the shelter a few days later to visit. He learned that the cat has already been adopted! Here's his picture:

Comments

This suzy said…
I'm so glad the cat was already adopted! That makes me smile. :)
Mz.Elle said…
Ohh I'm so glad the kitty was adopted that quick!

That recipes sounds really good!
I looooooove zucchini and your recipe couldn't be easier. I think I may make this every night;)
Bearette said…
Suzy - I was relieved, too :)

Ms. L - yay! You definitely should, it's quite yummy.
Caro said…
Oh, pretty kitty.
Roxanne said…
That's so sweet that he checked back on the kitty. I hope she found a good home.

I'm definitely going to try that recipe. Adding zucchini to the shopping list right now...
Jay said…
Mmm, that sounds so yummy.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!