Bearette's newest creation

Here's a pic of the hat I just finished:


I look rather bleary at 1:30 am, but I wanted to show the hat to y'all. It's a beehive pattern from Stitch 'n' Bitch Nation by Debbie Stoller, and it taught me how to use circular and double-pointed needles. If you haven't used them before, the circular needles are pretty easy to use. The double-pointed needles take some getting used to. It amused me, though, the Martian look of the hat while it had four double-pointed needles sticking out of it.

Tonight we heard "You Give Love a Bad Name" at the Irish pub, and I told D that Jon Bon Jovi is on Liz's list. I still think "Livin' on a Prayer" is his masterpiece. I remember how we all skated intensely to it at Roller Palace, feeling the depth of Tommy and Gina's struggle. Or maybe that was just me. And how did they do that "wo-ah wo-ah wo-ah" microphone thing? Genius ;)

They also played Def Leppard's "Photograph" at the pub. All those hair bands had suspiciously high voices.

Comments

Lisa said…
I think you've now completed more projects in a month than I have in five years!
Anonymous said…
I love a nice, chunky hat! Did you have snow this morning like we did? WTF?

My husband once told me that the voice effect in the Bon Jovi song is achieved using a talk box (I think that's what it's called). I've seen one of the singers in M's band use one... a tube snakes up the microphone stand, the end of it right next to the mic, and the singer has it in his mouth while he sings.
Bearette said…
Lisa - it's all in the obsession. Can you believe I now think eating is a chore? Well, sorta. I want to do some knitting when I'm at restaurants ;)

Liz - no snow! Sounds exciting, though ;) I know there was a blizzard in New Hampshire a couple days ago...one of my friends from an old job lives there. Oh! So that's how they do it. I thought they had special abilities ;)
Amy said…
nice job with the hat! And I do love me some 80s hair band music...Bon Jovi is my favorite! I can track all significant events through my pre-adolescent life to a song of theirs!
Bearette said…
Thanks, Amy! And of course there was Poison, the hair band to end all hair bands ;)
Caro said…
Ah, Living on a Prayer. Unfortunately it doesn't put food on the table. Been there, tried that. It's a very romantic notion. :)

You are the knittingest person I know. I can't believe how good you are at it already.

Are you going to start making those really comfy slippers?

My grandma used to make them every Christmas until she got arthritis.
Bearette said…
Thanks! I actually hadn't thought of making slippers, though they sound cozy. I'm going to try a sweater once I get up the courage :)
Roxanne said…
Cute hat! Is that the same yarn you used for the mittens?

Gotta love Bon Jovi. I wasn't into too many of the hair bands, but I did like some of them.
verniciousknids said…
You are a prodigious knitter! Your zucchini tortellini - down below - sound scrumptious. I'd make time to eat those ;)
Bearette said…
VK - i hope you like them!

Roxanne - actually it was Aussie Wool, while the mittens were Debbie Bliss alpaca silk. They're all pink though, of course ;) Re the hair bands, I remember a friend of mine in seventh grade had a poster of Poison. They all wore more makeup than I did!
Mz.Elle said…
Ok,I also skated to that exact same song at a rollar rink,it was the first time I'd heard it and whenever I hear it,I think back to that day!
I thought I was SO cool;p
I like your hat!
Bearette said…
Thanks, Ms. L! Now i'm making some christmas gifts so i can't put the pics up :( You never know who's reading ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!