Today's FO

So today's FO ("finished object" in knitters' jargon) is a baby hat. One of my cousins is about to give birth...well, his wife is. So my mom asked me to rustle up a hat. I think she's surprised that I finished it already. But you get this adrenaline rush, especially with a small project, and you plow right through to the ending.

Massive craniums run in our family so I went up a needle size and used worsted weight instead of baby weight yarn. Hopefully it will work. How big can a baby's head be?


I am seized by yarn lust. I put myself on a yarn diet, but I don't know how long it will last. Images of fluffy green alpaca yarn are swirling through my head.

Oh, and you know I've been angsting about whether to go to my college reunion for a while. I decided to go. I was trying to figure out why it was such a big deal, especially since I went to my five-year reunion without a second thought. I guess after the passage of ten years, college really does seem like a long time ago. I look back at all our teenage intensity and cringe a bit. The funny part is, D and I overlapped for two years at college, but I never met him there. He was busy taking practical courses while I took everything un-practical under the sun. I wonder if he would have calmed me down?

Comments

Anonymous said…
YAY, Babies :)

You might be surprised at just how big your little hat is...newborns can be teeny tiny little creatures ;)
Anonymous said…
How cute! I'm with molly, but something tells me that you were happy to make it even if it's not quite the right size :)

I have a new-ish little nephew in Colorado who could probably use some warm, knitted clothing. I should put you guys in touch so you can feed your knitting urges!
Bearette said…
Your nephew sounds cute :)

I think it will probably fit. But you're right, it was fun anyway.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!