The perfect man, and some pictures

D and I watched The Perfect Man from Netflix. You know, the one with Hillary Duff, Heather Locklear and Chris Noth in it. I really enjoyed it. Hillary is refreshingly un-anorexic and non-augmented, Heather was actually kind of wise (?) and Chris was fun as always. Plus, the whole thing was rated PG, so it was reassuringly fun and wholesome. Viewing pleasure for the entire family ;)

So my camera no longer shows an image on its screen, but if you peer through a tiny box (the viewfinder?) you can take a picture. If anyone has a fabulous camera that is (a) cheap, (b) reliable, (c) takes good pictures and (d) is available on Amazon, let me know. This camera's diva-ish ways keep life interesting, but I'm in the market for something a little bit steadier.

Here is a pic from my bike ride the other day. Can you picture Jane Eyre and Mr. Rochester meeting here? It seems moor-like, somehow. Now all we need is his big, black dog.

And here is a pic of the mitten I'm making. The loose thread dangling from the top marks the thumb, so I can "work it" later. The tail on the bottom will be woven in. I haven't yet figured out how to pick up stitches for the thumb, but I'll learn on Saturday.

And finally, a super-chunky scarf I am making just for fun. It takes size 15 needles. It's like knitting with giant crayons.

Comments

blackcrag said…
Actually, English moors don't have trees. Just the grassy heath, scrub, standing rocks (called 'tors') and frequent fogs. The leafless branches are sufficiently stark to give the feel you're thinking of though.

Personally, I'd rather meet under the branches of a tree, bare or not, than the empty moors. But there was a certain beauty to the moors when I was there, years ago.
Bearette said…
I should've known you'd be a moor expert!!! You have that brooding quality ;) Where are the moors, anyway? Certain parts of England?
Roxanne said…
Both of our digital cameras have a button to switch back and forth between viewing through the viewfinder and the screen. Maybe you accidentally switched it without even knowing?

Look at you go with your knitting! Mittens? I keep looking at mitten patterns. Maybe I'll use your inspiration to try one. By the way, Mom-in-law LOVES her new scarves. She said she wears scarves all the time not only for their warmth and comfyness, but also to hide her turkey neck. :)

We're headed to the Goodwill this morning. Weee!
Bearette said…
Rox - thanks for the tip! i hope that's it. i'm going to look at all the buttons and maybe dig out the manual. i thought it was just flaking out again; glad there's a logical explanation.

i'm glad you guys are getting along so well!
Anonymous said…
M has a Canon Powershot SD600 Digital elph that he loves. It takes consistent photos, and works well in both automatic and manual modes.

For a small point & shoot, I've always been partial to my Konica Minolta Dimage. The new version is available on Amazon for $399. A little pricey...but if you can find one of last year's versions, it would be just as good for less money.

Lastly, there's the Lumix DMC-TZIK. It's extremely portable, well-priced, has a Leica lens, 10x optical zoom, and got great reviews. My friend has one and loves it. If I were going to buy another point and shoot camera, this would be it. The only downfall is that it only has 5 mp. But honestly that is sufficient for most photography...and it is saving you a little bit of money.
Bearette said…
Thanks, Leah! This camera has me at my wit's end. I like the sound of the Lumix.
blackcrag said…
There are moors across Britain, north and south.

In the north, shhep are pastured their sheep on them; in the southeast of England race horses train on them; in the south-west (the ones I am more familiar with), they are one of the last uncultivated areas of England. They are the preserve of wild ponies.

I believe the Scottish highlands are moors as well.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!