Dinner with friends

So we went to dinner with A and R tonight, our friends in the area. Conversation ranged over a wide variety of topics, including whether A and I should attend our upcoming college reunion. Am not sure why I am angsting about this so much. I went to my fifth-year reunion without a second thought, and had a good time. A isn't sure she wants to go, either. I made an "I'll go if you go" offer and she laughed and said, "I'm not ready to commit." She said she got post-traumatic stress disorder from her high school reunion. I steer clear of those :) And I did like my college, so again, I'm not sure why I'm putting so much analysis into it. Moving on...

We ate at the Pelican, a fun, uber-trendy hotel with a sharp green awning and a pink padded door to the ladies' room. I got orrechiette with eggplant, cheese and tomato sauce, which was nothing less than splendid; and D and I split a key lime pie, my favorite Floridian dessert. R cracked us up with an earnest discussion of his type ("milky-skinned, dark-haired Jewish girls who are smarter than I am") and we discussed his List. A vets his list, allowing only those celebrities she believes he doesn't have a chance with. Audrey Hepburn at her prime, Sarah Silverman and Natalie Portman are not allowed because she thinks they might take a shine to R.

Pictures from the evening:

Comments

Caro said…
You know, I think pink is your color. :)
Bearette said…
It's certainly my favorite!

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!