Miami

Well, it must be said...bienvenido a Miami. (Calling to mind Will Smith's '99 hit, etc., etc.)

The plane ride was a little hairy. I did sit next to a father with a cute kid, though. The father saw my knitting and became quite animated. He told me how one of his favorite running backs, for Boise State, is an avid crocheter and sells his creations online. The running back makes beanies for his teammates. They used to mock him, calling him "Crochet Guy," but then he had a bunch of important wins or goals or something and they stopped making fun of him and started wearing his stuff ;)

After we got off the plane, our luggage was nowhere to be found. Newark 1623 appeared on *none* of the baggage claim charts. It was as if the flight had vanished into thin air. Even more puzzling, there was no large group of disgruntled travelers. It was like everyone got some memo except us. Then we found another girl who was confused, and we were directed to a random baggage chute. "That flight is all clear, but your stuff might come now," we were told. I was relieved because I had my computer in my checked luggage.

It's pretty relaxing here. I never want to leave New York, but once I get here, I enjoy it. That either makes me fickle or adaptable, I'm not sure which.

The view from our hotel window:

Comments

This suzy said…
What a great view! I'm glad your luggage wasn't lost - that wouldn't have been a great start to the vacation.
Elsa said…
Gorgeous view - especially since it's 20 degrees here! I wouldn't mind seeing palm trees when I look out the window. Have fun!
Roxanne said…
Looks nice and warm. Enjoy the sand in the toes feeling for me. :)
Anonymous said…
How nice! Get some tan lines for me!
Caro said…
Oh it's beautiful!

I'm so jealous. (in the nicest way of course.)
Katie said…
Ooo...pretty view!
Mike said…
Good view. "Vanished into thin air", you say? Well, you are at one corner of the Bermuda Triangle. LOL!!! Have a great time.
Bearette said…
Thanks, guys! I unfortunately have a little bug, but I guess this is as good a place to rest and recuperate as any. Mike - i didn't even think of the bermuda triangle thing!! ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!