Okay, I'm obsessed


But I admit it. Isn't that an important step? The scarf above is the darker pink one, which is my favorite so far.

We visited Rainer (my Brooklyn cat) at the bookstore recently. He really didn't want me to leave, so I promised I'd come back next week. We like going to Dumont Burger, anyway.

In other news, we're going to Miami in March for a week. I'm a little tired of the place, but D loves it so. A plus is that we have friends there now. A college friend and her husband, who is doing his residency in Florida, live nearby. So we're planning to get together with them.

Last night we watched Smoke Signals, a movie from Netflix. In the past, I spotted it in the video store and noted, "I'd like to watch that sometime." Based on the video cover, I thought it would be a light-hearted romantic comedy about Native Americans. Boy, was I wrong. It was a dark, depressing movie about Native Americans. Granted, it was an interesting perspective on life on the Coeur d'Alene reservation, and it's based on the writing on Sherman Alexie, whom I like. But I don't think it really worked as a movie. Or else I just like comedies, romantic and otherwise.

Comments

Elsa said…
The scarf is coming out great - I like the color, too. Like I said before, it makes me want to start knitting.

At least Miami will be warm...warmer than NYC.
Anonymous said…
The scarf is great! I can imagine knitting becoming an obsessive/compulsive behavior. Just one more ROW!
Mz.Elle said…
Hi Bearette!
I love the color of that scarf,gorgeous:)
I'm a knitter too!

I've been wanting to see Smoke Signals since,well forever but didn't know it was dark. Thanks for the heads up!
Bearette said…
Elsa - definitely true! I want to bring my knitting on the plane, but I don't know if they'll see the needles as a weapon :( I might have to put them in D's checked luggage.

Kitkat - exactly. it's very hard to stop.

Ms. L - hi! Thanks. I didn't know you knit also!
Anonymous said…
I'll take your plane ticket for Miami if you don't want to go. :)
blackcrag said…
If you (and he) aren't careful, you'll approach Ranier with knitting needles in hand a leave a crocheted kitty behind... see how much he likes you then.
Bearette said…
Liz - heh. i actually did give it a thought, but our husbands might be confused ;)

bc - oh no! then he wouldn't snuggle with me anymore.
Anonymous said…
Knitting is so-o-o-o-o-o addictive, isn't it? It's just so calming; in fact, I often knit before bedtime in order to get truly sleepy. It's no wonder, then, that it takes me forever to finish projects.
Bearette said…
Totally addictive. I just forced myself to stop knitting for tonight.
Amy said…
I love it! The color is great too -- congratulations!
Waspgoddess said…
Wow, you've been very productive since I last visited. Beautiful scarf, even though pink is not my colour it is gorgeous and I bet it will look great with your beautiful hair!

I saw an awesome film last night called Climates. It's Turkish, with loooong beautiful shots, very Tarkovsky.

Have a lovely Friday :)
Bearette said…
WG & Amy - thanks! It's even longer now :) I'll have to check out that movie. Have a good weekend...
Caro said…
The scarf is coming along very nicely.

I like comedies too.
Roxanne said…
Looks beautiful! I saw your Cotton Candy in the store. I used the same brand yarn (I love it and use it often!) for one of the yarns in your gift.

Comedies are good. Especially romantic, sappy ones.
Bearette said…
C - thanks!

R - i got the scarf and hat and they are awesome! i'll post a pic as soon as d takes one ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!