First bike ride of '07

So I was planning to go to the gym today. However, going to the gym would be a waste of a day like this. It was so warm, I couldn't even wear the homemade scarf and hat I've been stubbornly wearing every spring-like day out of pride. (By the way, I dropped the hat I made for Roxanne in the mail today...hopefully she will put up a picture!)

So I decided to bike for the first time in '07. I was secretly wishing I'd be the only one to think of it. Unfortunately, all the other path people came out. Some of them should stay in. I'm thinking of the guy who whizzed past me at 80 mph and yelled, "ON YOUR LEFT!" in my ear. I almost jumped out of my skin.

I took some pics of the river, but as I mentioned before, my camera is a diva. I couldn't see any image on the screen, but I took some snaps in blind faith anyway. If they come out, I'll post them.

And my dream last night. My goodness. I was in a kind of detention center in Japan with D. The center was very nice, along the lines of a hotel suite, with medium-pink walls and hardwood floors. It may sound heinous, but believe me, it was attractive. D was pretty calm about the whole thing. I was on edge, especially since people were telling me I might get my head chopped off.

Comments

Waspgoddess said…
Spring has sprung here too. I was in London on a meeting and walking along one of the many parks my senses were bombarded with visions of soft pinks from the cherry blossoms and the scents from the remaining daffodils. Heaven.

But wish I'd been on a bike. Nothing beats a leasuirly spring bike ride.
Bearette said…
Sounds beautiful! I've been tempted to go to London for a while. I'd love to see the cherry blossoms.
Anonymous said…
The weather was indeed beautiful today! I sat on my deck and read a magazine and exposed my skin to this really unfamiliar thing--the sun. Good for you for opting for outdoor activity v. the gym.
Katie said…
Hmm...do you know what you did to get into the detention center?
Anonymous said…
The weather was so beautiful here today that Simon and I took a really long walk at lunch...and even got a little glisten-y. (Code for sweaty.) After work it was still light out thanks to the new time change, and so I had time to take more Holgarriffic photos. I'm glad we both got to go out and enjoy the day! :-)
Roxanne said…
I've been loving this warm weather, thunderstorms and all.

Crazy fast bike riders need to be taught a lesson. I think they try to scare people on purpose. Power trip maybe?

I can't wait to get my package! Wheeee!!!! I'll definitely post a picture.

My dream analysis: You have a fear of getting your head chopped off because then you wouldn't be able to wear all your cute hats. ;)
Bearette said…
Rox - hee! i like that interpretation. i hope you like the hat. the seam is a little wonky...i skipped the figure 8 at the bottom, thinking i might not need it, then it came undone a little and i had to reinforce. thankfully it goes at the back of the head ;) i am too perfectionistic with knitting, it will probably come back and haunt me.

leah & kitkat - yay for nice weather! hopefully it will last.

katiebelle - i think i was falsely accused of beheading someone else. strange, huh?
Roxanne said…
I'm a also a perfectionist when it comes to any of my crafty hobbies. If I don't like it, I rip it out and start all over again.
Jay said…
The great thing about insomnia is that when I decide to do something, everyone else in the world is asleep. But then, everything is also closed, so I don't get to do them...and it's dark, and scary, and not great for biking, or really anything...
Bearette said…
Jay - it's true. A couple of times I've gone to that bike path at night, but I'm not going to anymore.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!