Drama cat

We visited the bookstore cat today. It was the first time I'd managed to see him since Miami. We went to Dumont Burger twice since coming back from vacation, but he was snoring really hard the first time, so I didn't wake him up. The second time, the bookstore was closed after we ate dinner. I could see Rainer sitting inside, but I couldn't pat him.

Today he was unusually glad to see me. He lumbered into my lap (he has gotten a little bit fatter, but he wears it well) and licked my thumb with his sandpaper tongue. Then he settled in for a nice nap. Only, it turns out he wasn't really asleep.

When I uncoiled one leg - the first part of the getting-up process - he let out a yowl. A girl who was browsing books nearby said, "He loves you!" I patted him and reassured him, but we did have to leave. So I tried unfolding the other leg, and he went, YOW! I was afraid he was going to bite me out of anger. He snuggled up even tighter on the leg he was still perched on.

It went on like this, with him saying RA and YOW every time I moved. Finally I got up and he slunk away. Do cats forgive?

Comments

Anonymous said…
My cat always did, although as a cat he was required to snub me for a while first.

I bet Rainer will have forgotten your heinous act by the time of your next visit. :)
Bearette said…
That's reassuring :) I'm interested in seeing how your dinner goes (the one with the chicken and pasta).
blackcrag said…
The cat will forgive you... in the end. I think.

That's why I like dogs. Dogs are always happy to see you.
Katie said…
Ya I'm pretty sure they forgive.

My cat will yell for me not to get up, but then the moment I sit back down she finds her way to my lap and snuggles up. So cute. ;)
Roxanne said…
Cats will forgive when THEY are ready and not a moment sooner. That's why I love them. ;)

I got my hat today! It's so cute. As soon as I pulled it out, Jesse says, "I HAVE to try it on."

It looks cute on both of us. :)
Bearette said…
BC - i know what you mean. i loved dogs first. but cats are now making their way into my heart.

KB - that's adorable :)

Rox - i'm so glad you like it! i was getting all paranoid and worried it wouldn't fit, etc.
blackcrag said…
I love cats too. Cats are smaller, able to curl up on your lap, or stomach when you are sitting in the sun.

I don't like small dogs, they yap and always go for my ankles. I only like big dogs, like German Shepherds, Huskys, Rottweilers, etc.
This suzy said…
Cats forgive. My last cat would get so mad whenever I'd get out my bag because he knew I was getting ready to leave town. But he was always so glad to have me back. I'm sure Ranier will feel the same way! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!