The beach

So today we went to the beach again...pretty much the norm here. The antibiotics seem to be doing their job (knock on wood...I'm quite superstitious about these things). I finished my merino wool scarf:

It's a bit folded up...actually longer than it appears.

So thank you for all your thoughts on Barbie and her friend. I saw her AGAIN today...with a third guy. I thought guy #2 was the best choice, but apparently she didn't, because she kept going. Anyway, her friend was sleeping alone on her towel as Barbie and Guy #3 frolicked in the waves. But then...2 or 3 guys came over to talk with Barbie's friend. One of them stayed. And he seemed a lot smarter and more interesting than Barbie's boy :) He looked a bit like one of the Native American actors from Smoke Signals.

And speaking of actors, I left the beach to get us two panini for lunch. I went to the snack shop and asked for two caprese panini (tomato, mozzarella and basil). There was a corkboard covered with pictures of random beach people, posing with the owner of the cafe. And then a "familiar" face jumped out - George Clooney, standing next to the owner! The guy at the counter explained, "Yeah, you never know who's gonna walk in."

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love caprese salad, and I love panini-- sounds like the perfect combination. I wish I had some basil and mozarella to put in my lunch salad today.
Elsa said…
I love the scarf!

And that's nice about the guys talking to "Barbie's" friend.

And that is SO COOL that you got to see George Clooney. You probably wish you had a camera then!
Bearette said…
Liz - it was quite yummy.

Elsa - thanks! Unfortunately, I didn't see George in the flesh...just his picture with the cafe owner. Maybe next time ;)
jau said…
Caprese salad is one of those perfect foods - the tastes and textures are fabulous and so so satisfying. (Great, now I'm hungry!!)

The scarf is awesome. Good job. Wear it proudly.

What's the next project?!
Bearette said…
Thanks! I'm making more scarves (for Christmas and for a secret occasion ;)
Waspgoddess said…
WHAT!!! You saw George Clooney, oh, my... I'm speechless. Was he absolutely.... hang on, oh, you didn't see him. Oooo, that's disappointing.

But interesting development re Barbie's friend. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for her.

Secret occasion... I'm curious. Any clues?
Bearette said…
Hehe - sorry for the dismal letdown! The secret occasion will be unveiled in about a week, and I'll put up a photo of the project then :)
Irene said…
Your scarf is beautiful...and so are YOU! Beach life appears to suit you. =)

I'm also going to the beach this weekend and I can't wait!

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!