Tuesday thirteen

I know it's supposed to be Thursday thirteen, but I felt like doing it today.

1. I have two piercings in each ear, but I let them all close up.
2. I have no other piercings.
3. I would like to be cremated, rather than buried.
4. I have 4 nephews and 1 niece.
5. My niece had her own language when she was very young: "mobila" for oatmeal, "ippie keem" for ice cream, and "gog" for dog. "Hoppy birdy" meant both "happy birthday" and "cake", as in "More hoppy birdy, please."
6. I liked Jonathan Tropper's Everything Changes, although I almost didn't read it (I didn't like one of his descriptions in the beginning).
7. I never took Spanish, though I kind of wish I did.
8. I took French for 5 years and one semester; Italian for two semesters.
9. I was in the high school band.
10. I've never been a baseball fan, but my whole family loves it.
11. I'm the youngest of four.
12. I had a pyromaniac lab partner in ninth grade. He liked the Bunsen burner a little too much.
13. In sixth grade I used to go to the Roller Palace a lot. They liked to play Bon Jovi and Bad Company ("Here come the jesters, one two three...It's all part of my rock and roll fantasy").

Comments

This suzy said…
So what instrument did you play? I played clarinet for 4 years, but quit when I got to high school because I didn't want to be in marching band. lol
Bearette said…
i played the clarinet, too!
Anonymous said…
Ditto on number three. And I played the clarinet, too! But only for a couple of years.

My secret dream is to learn the cello.
Anonymous said…
I also had year upon year of piano lessons, but I'm very rusty now.
Bearette said…
Cello is very cool! I think it's the trendiest of classical instruments. i've always wanted to play piano...don't know if i'm precise/patient enough.
Anonymous said…
First, thanks for the novel! I've barely begun, but I'd say that we have somewhat of a similar style (which means you may like to read mine when it comes time!)

Re: Jonathan Tropper... My husband just read Book of Joe and loved it.

And about the roller rink...my friend wants to have a roller skating party when we turn 30 next year. It WOULD be pretty hilarious if we played all the retro tunes.
Bearette said…
cool...i'm looking forward to reading yours!

that sounds like a fun way to spend your 30th.
Perplexio said…
One of my nieces used to refer to Cartoons as "Tooncarns." And another of my nieces used to answer "2 clock" whenever she was asked what time it was (that happened to be her nap time and it was the only time she was familiar with apparently).
verniciousknids said…
Breaking the rules is fun, isn't it? :D

You left out the most important info...did you have boot skates or the strap-on kind that went on over your shoes?!
Bearette said…
hmm...i guess you could call them boot skates...they laced up over my socks.
Caro said…
Wow, you have a lot of siblings!

Was it fun growing up?
Anonymous said…
I went roller skating for my last birthday. I highly recommend it.

I don't really understand people who want to be buried. It seems like such a waste of space! Not to mention money and effort. I'd just like to go and be gone.
Bearette said…
C - it was kind of like having 5 parents ;)

kitkat - i'll take that under advisement!
verniciousknids said…
Definitely boots then :D
Elsa said…
I used to feel the same way about baseball - didn't care for it. Thought it was slow and boring. THEN the Red Sox did pretty good good in 2003...so I started paying attention in 2004. Then they won the World Series and I was hooked! Now I enjoy watching the games on TV - not all of them or even full games, but I watch my share.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!