Talladega nights

Well, the Will Ferrell movie was a bit of a disappointment. Not an awful one. It definitely had its moments. I just didn't love it the way I thought it would. I did like the cougar, though. Although I remember Will saying in the preview, "I can't modulate my heart rate! There's a cougar on my chest!" and he never said that in the actual movie. Hmmm...Anyway, it left me wondering if rednecks will be honored or insulted :) It was kind of a white-trash epic. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to take a spin in my Old Spice car, with a cougar riding shotgun...

No, actually I'll just share my thoughts on Scoop. That was the surprise of the day. I thought it was light and funny, and Scarlett J was less annoying than usual. I think Woody Allen can bring out the best in certain actresses (i.e., Diane Keaton, whom I like better than Scarlett anyway) although D points out that he couldn't salvage Jennifer Lopez or Jennifer Aniston. I guess some tasks are too big for anybody.

Comments

Perplexio said…
So now there are 2 Redneck epics!

The David Spade vehicle, Joe Dirt and now Talledega Nights... Although I think Joe Dirt is more a redneck Love Story except with David Spade in the Ryan O'Neil role and his mullet in the Ali McGraw role.
Bearette said…
hehe...i never saw joe dirt. i'll have to check it out! i'm sure david spade makes a good redneck.
Amy said…
I'm looking forward to seeing both movies...I would watch Will Ferrell if he was in a cereal commercial!
Perplexio said…
I think Ferrell's best work was as W. on SNL. And one of the best sketches with him as W. was when Dana Carvey hosted and thus reprised his George H.W. Bush so they did the whole father/son thing. Carvey and Ferrell were hilarious together!

The Val Kilmer hosted SNL was very good too. They had Kilmer as Jeb Bush and they played it like a soap opera. Dick Cheney had a heart attack and W. started panicking asking "where are all the grown-ups?!?"
Bearette said…
i liked him in Zoolander - "Hansel is SO HOT right now!"
Perplexio said…
I much preferred Owen Wilson in Zoolander. "I want to thank Sting. I don't listen to his music or anything. I just want to thank him for being out there." Hilarious!

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!