Just got back from MF's birthday party. We had a great time. I got there late because I was teaching 2 classes beforehand. We ended up talking a long time with a couple we hadn't seen in a while. The wife is from the south and told us about chitterlings (pronounced chitlins), which are fried pig intestines. Yummy...not!! And the husband told us how eating pork is the closest thing to cannibalism...because our skin is similar and they're very smart, etc.

I also got some more good news. As y'all know, I have 2 permanent classes, and now I'm getting a third! The good news: it's in a great slot, after work, at a nice studio. It's painted in soft peach and green tones and always feels very peaceful. It's also named after a fruit.

AND I might get a fourth. The fourth one is not definite yet; the woman who is currently teaching it will let me know in 2 weeks. I'm covering it for her for the month of August. That's the private club.

I saw a Rottweiler puppy on the street tonight. I had forgotten how cute they are. They don't look like grown Rottweilers at all. They're tiny, fluffy things with downy fur. This one was nibbling on my toes! That's what they're there for.

Comments

Lisa said…
Yay about the classes!

On the pigs---do you ever watch CSI? They run their experiments on pigs because apparently they are very similar to us.

And Rowen and I both love Rotties.
Bearette said…
I've never actually seen CSI. I hope no pigs are harmed in the making of the show! I'm an ardent pig fan now :D
Jean-Luc Picard said…
Good gfor you about the classes!
This suzy said…
Yea about the classes!! :)

And I just wanted to thank you for spelling "y'all" correctly. It drives me nuts when people spell it incorrectly, especially if they use it all the time! (I know, I'm loony that way.) lol
Bearette said…
Thanks, Captain.

Suzy - you mean when they spell it "ya'll"? I don't like that either! were you in the spelling bee, by chance? i was :D
Caro said…
Your reputation must precede you.

You're getting busy.
Bearette said…
i ended up having 24 classes this month! cool, huh?
verniciousknids said…
Congrats on the new gig!

I'd heard the cannibalism thing too...but that the taste of pork is the closest taste to human flesh?!

Hmmm...
Bearette said…
vk - thanks! i think that's why they say it's akin to cannibalism...b/c we taste so similar...a little scary, isn't it? fortunately chicken was my favorite, before i was veg...
SK said…
I totally lost my appetite for pork after reading that... and I'm a huge bacon lover. But now I'm queasy... :(

I don't like rotties so much. My neighbor had 3 in his apartment (which was pretty big) and one of them rammed his head into my bedroom window one day to try and get my cat! He broke the window glass but luckily the screen kept him from eating my kitty!
Bearette said…
that's scary!!! the puppies are very cute and harmless, though. much smaller.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!