There's a manatee in my neighborhood


A manatee was spotted in the Hudson River...details here.

Comments

Mike said…
Wow, a Manatee!!! I remember seeing the sharks in the Hudson the few times they came around, but a Manatee!!! How cool!!
Ashley Beth said…
I LOVE MANATEES!!!!! They are my second favorite animal in the whole wide world! I am going to HAVE to meet him one day.
Bearette said…
hehe...i wish i saw him in person! they are very cute. i think they are referred to as "gentle giants"...

i believe he swam up to westchester county. this is reassuring b/c it means the hudson is not as toxic as i feared.
Bearette said…
NM - are dogs your favorite??
Perplexio said…
Silly manatee, The Hudson isn't for manatees, you belong in Florida, better start heading home quick or you'll be in for a rude awakening in a few months!
Ashley Beth said…
giraffes ;-)
Bearette said…
that's a nice favorite animal. i like their long necks.
verniciousknids said…
I totally thought of you Bearette when I read this on NYT online last night...I wondered if you'd post about it. When I was in London in January, they had some whales in the Thames!

What have we done to our planet?!
Mike said…
The hudson is nowhere near toxic. When I was growing up, well, that's another story. But towns like Rhinebeck still and always have gotten their drinking water directly from the Hudson. Heck, I swam in it all the time until I moved. All the same, the manatee really should enlist the aid of a travel agent and book a first class flight home...
Anonymous said…
cool! i haven't seen a manatee yet! only in pictures :D
Anonymous said…
That's CRAZY! I'm surprised it's even survived. Isn't the Hudson all full of contamination?!
Bearette said…
That's what i would have thought...but bike mike assures me it is non-toxic!
SK said…
Awww.. i'm with you New Mezger! I love them too! (But I love penguins also). I have a pair of manatee earring studs that I bought a long time ago and I will hopefully give them to my daughter one day. I used to do most of my school reports on endagered manatees (I lived in FL at the time so I was obsessed with them). yes, B, they are known as 'sea cows' or the 'gentle giants of the sea.' I *heart* them.
Lora said…
That's just too odd. I hope he doesn't stay for long. A visist to the Hudson can't be any good for his health.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!