Well, I taught at the crack of dawn today. It was fun, though I went through the rest of the day in a bit of a trance. I probably got about 5 hours sleep, maybe less. I am so not cut out for motherhood (though I like kids). I can't imagine operating on this amount of sleep all the time.

Anyhow, I went for a walk after dinner (baked ziti, cooked by me) because I felt like I had a "food baby" after eating that dish. When I came back, D had My Super Sweet Sixteen on. Can I say that show is weird and disgusting? And hard to look away from?

Memorable moments:

*When one girl says, "It is such an heiressmobile" (referring to the BMW her daddy got her).
*When a boy pats a tiger, and the tiger licks his face! This was cute. But then he got all sulky when the tiger trainer explained NJ's strict liability laws for wild animals - got to keep him in a cage. "This will ruin my party," he explained.

Wow.

Then they showed a snippet from Tiara Girls - they were apparently training girls for the interview portion of a beauty pageant. One girl kept saying "liberry" (and yes, she was older than 6) and drew a blank when they asked her to name the president of the US.

It's not rocket science.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love and despise that show.

My favorite was the one where the birthday girl hired a professional dancer to reenact the last scene from Dirty Dancing with her- complete with The Lift.

The grand entrances they come up with are pretty funny, too.
Elsa said…
I'm with Liz - I despise that show, but sometimes, if I'm surfing, I'll stop and watch it. I hate myself for that.

I hope you got more sleep last night.
Bearette said…
Thanks, Elsa. I actually slept from 11 to 4 (???), but there's always tonight :)
Reighnie said…
I've seen that show.I kept wondering if it were for real. I also wonder what will happen to those children when their perfect little worlds come crashing down and they have to face something real.

What is wrong with these parents? I understand wanting your children to have something better than you did but that's excessive, especially when they don't seem to deserve or appreciate it.
Caro said…
I've seen that show. I hate those kids but watch in horrified disbelief.
Lora said…
Yoga at dawn, how romantic...

And nobody is cut out for the lack of sleep of motherhood, but it is so worth it.
Bearette said…
Aww...
Bearette said…
Liz - I remember him walking in with a crown and a scepter ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!