Tonight we had dinner with D's cousin J, who turned 35 (gasp). He brought a friend G, from work. They're both lawyers but still nice people. I guess now they are doing non-legal work - or at least G is. Claims adjustment. J told G, "She's a lawyer too," when I walked in, to which I immediately said, "NO!" and J amended, "She went to law school." I was thinking it would be nice if I could sell my degree, and its associated loans, to somebody who wants to be a lawyer. But I guess it doesn't work that way.

The dinner was really good. I had aloo tikkiyas (potato cakes) and saag paneer, plus gulab jamun for dessert. At this place I worked one summer, I introduced them to gulab jamun. "Honey balls," they called them. They're kind of like munchkins in honey.

Tomorrow is my and D's anniversary. We'll probably go to Saigon Grill for dinner.

My mother is in China with my sister. She went there for work last year and my mom accompanied her. My mom got really sick last time. I hope it doesn't happen again.

Dogs I patted today:
1) a white Samoyed. Very fluffy! D patted him too. He randomly let out 2 barks as we walked away.
2) I looked at a bunch of Yorkshire terrier puppies in the front window of a puppy store. I patted them virtually.
3) A mini-Schnauzer who nibbled on me gently. I asked the owner if she was teething, but he said, "No, she just likes to nibble."
4) I also patted an 8-month-old French bulldog on Christopher Street the other day. It was so much fun. He really wanted to hang out and play. I asked the owner if lots of people patted him and she said, "Yes, and he loves it."

I'm reading Margarettown by Gabrielle Zevin. I really like it.

Comments

Elsa said…
That's funny - "They're both lawyers but still nice people."

Happy Anniversary!! Enjoy the dinner.

I love patting dogs - they're just so wonderful. There is something so calming about interacting with dogs - especially puppies. I'm sure the Yorkies were just adorable.
bdogg_mcgee said…
Hope your anniversary is wonderful!
Lisa said…
Happy Anniversary!
Bearette said…
Thanks guys! It's weird, I kind of want to cook?? we'll see what happens.
Ashley Beth said…
Have a fabulous anniversary! I love your "dog patting" updates...they make me smile (even at work).
Caro said…
Have a happy anniversary!

I like French Bulldogs. They look a lot like Bostons.
Bearette said…
Thanks, New Mezger! Are you going to update soon?? ;)

Thanks, Carolyn :) They do look like Bostons.
Lora said…
Happy Anniversary! Enjoy yourselves!
Bearette said…
Thanks! We ended up having pasta with peanut sauce and tofu (from Crystal's blog). It was very good.
Ashley Beth said…
Just for you, I did today. :-)

Nothing happens in my days, so now we'll reflect upon Walter's days.
jules said…
I love your dog pet tidbits!
jules said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bearette said…
Hee...thanks. Maybe we'll see some on the 21st!

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!