It's really weird. Sometimes I have nothing to blog about, but I feel as if I *should* blog anyway. It's grossly hot and sticky here. D and I had dinner with a friend and now I am, yes, watching bits of Look Who's Talking on Oxygen. Kirstie Alley looked a lot different back then.

Not too much going on. I taught twice yesterday and there were a few interesting occurrences.

*A guy with a shaved head who kept yawning during backbends, then explained in a British accent that he hadn't slept in three days, and that he's not allowed to sleep. I didn't ask why, as I didn't want to probe. I thought of a number of possible explanations:

--job hours - but he was at a 2:30 pm class, so his work can't be that demanding. At some of these corporate jobs, you're practically chained to your desk.

--baby - but he didn't seem like a father. Besides, the mom usually gets up, right?

--sleep study - but he could always quit.

*During the second class I taught that day, this couple was kissing in front of the door to the studio. Finally I called out, "Okay, we're about to begin!" and they both came in.

*One guy came in wearing a suit and just shed everything on the studio floor. He was wearing an undershirt and boxers beneath, and did yoga in those. It reminded me of the one party I've been to where a male stripper showed up. We were all immediately suspicious. "Who is that guy in a suit, with a briefcase?" we asked each other. Then the suit came off and he did his stuff ;)

Comments

Caro said…
You have some very interesting people come in, don't you?
Elsa said…
I second Carolyn's sentiment...very interesting people indeed. Makes life interesting.

It's muggy here in NH, too. Pretty humid. Gotta love the AC :)
Bearette said…
it's true...keeps stuff lively ;)
Bearette said…
That is a nice haiku! You have a thriving future.
Ashley Beth said…
My brother was in Manhattan, on his way to work and he was patting a bunch of dogs (yesterday, I think). There were literally hundreds of them, all trying out to be the next Old Navy or Gap mascot.

As he told me what he was doing, the only thing I could think was, "Run, Bearette! Run to Times Square and pat all the puppies!"

I hope you have a great Memorial Day Weekend.
Bearette said…
That sounds so cute! I've seen the poster for the mascot contest ;)

Have a great weekend!

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!