I have had slight blog drought; I apologize. I did, however, win Quiet in the Stacks PictionaryTM. Yay! I was helped by Carolyn's guess.

I taught today (and last night). AT attended my class today and said it was "my best class ever". The class today was in a rather yucky time slot and only attended by 5 people. The class last night, by contrast, was packed with people practically breathing down my neck in the front row. I guess it's good to get practice in all different situations.

After class AT and I swung by 71 Irving Place, a coffeehouse that "is everything Starbucks is not" (according to a clipping on the wall). It's apparently frequented by Ben Stiller, but I have yet to see him there. The same clipping mentioned "early morning spottings of celebs at their worst". I wonder if they stumble in, hair unbrushed, Rice Krispies in their eyes. Sorry about that image.

AT also gave me a book called "Dog Food"...various vegetables carved to look like doggies. Very cute. The back cover lists the vegetables they used. It included quince. I wonder if that's what they used for the eyeballs. I'm not even sure what a quince looks like.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'll get you some quince jelly some day. It's very popular in Europe, as a spread for bread. It's not sweet, so it's a bit strange-tasting. But nice when you get used to it. The name in Spanish is "dulce de membrillo."
SK said…
Hmm.. I like dulce de membrillo but I think I like nutella more. It's tastier.

Guess what? I'm taking a yoga class this summer. I'm a little afraid because I've never taken yoga but more importantly I get head rushes when my head is down too long. Is this normal? :)
verniciousknids said…
I thought quince was a fruit, a bit like an apple?! I think I've seen that book before...if so, the pics are hilarious!
Bearette said…
El pacha - looking forward to it! Is a pacha don quixote's guide or something? I'm wishing I took spanish. my french is just oh so useful (not).

Lost - nutella *is* good. they had banana/nutella crepes near my college. I've never heard of the head rush thing before. You might want to be careful in down dog.

VK - now I want to try one. I'm a fruit freak ;)
Anonymous said…
I like the little trademark symbol. :)

Will you post pictures if you attempt any of your own vegetable carvings??
Bearette said…
I'll definitely put up pics if i try out carving ;)
Caro said…
One time on "Trading Spaces" they made food people then took pics of them for kitchen art.
Elsa said…
Congrats on winning Pictionary!

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!