This morning Manhattan was like a ghost town. I think this is the beginning of the Hamptons season. I went out to go to the gym and the whole area was nice and empty. Except for a woman who started berating a (stopped) taxi. "Why have traffic lights if you're not going to follow them?" she screamed repeatedly. I jogged lightly for a couple blocks to get away from her ;)

I bought 4 tank tops at Urban Outfitters ($10 each!) and considered getting the yellow panda T-shirt I saw there last time, but it was gone. It's probably a good thing, because yellow is not my color.

Speaking of pandas, my mom just got back from China. It sounds like she and my sister had a fun visit. They did not end up seeing the pandas - I think they ended up going to the forbidden city instead - but she explained that the pandas in Beijing are black and gray, instead of black and white, because of the ungodly pollution. You're encouraged to wear a face mask there if you have respiratory problems.

They also went to Hong Kong. My sister wants to get a summer house in China?!? Somehow my mother also met a girl named Anna, who wants to pay her a visit. Anna is interested in MIT, and her mother named her after the main character in Anna Karenina (she was reading it while she was pregnant). Isn't that cool?

I saw so many dogs today, I lost count.

We also had a very campy Pilates sub today. "Whip the cream! Whip the cream!" he yelled. "Shake your ankle like there's a poisonous snake on it!" Okay.

Comments

verniciousknids said…
I don't want to be thinking of poisonous snakes in pilates...or anywhere actually!
Elsa said…
Don't you just love when you get a good buy on clothes? And can get the same piece of clothing in all different colors!? I do that too - if something fits well and looks nice, I just get it in all the colors (well, the colors that I like) and I've just saved myself some time and effort because I don't have to look for more clothes.

Wow - a summer house in China!? I've never heard of that. Plus, it's kind of a long flight for the weekend! ;)

Enjoy the rest of Memorial Day weekend and possibly the lack of people in Manhattan - very unusual I would think.
Bearette said…
You too. It's funny, I don't know how serious she was, or if she'd even be able to. I guess she just likes Hong Kong a lot.
Caro said…
Bearette,

Tell capybaras not to quit his day job. :)
Anonymous said…
I like your haikus
Each a bright shimmering muse
Just like Betelgeuse
Anonymous said…
On Sunday I got five t-shirts at Old Navy for $5 each! M got a pair of jeans for $20. He's such a big spender. ;)
Bearette said…
Liz - I love old navy! M is out of control ;)

D & A - what a pair of blooming poets.
Anonymous said…
That's really gross that the pandas are gray in Bejing. It's like, pollution is staring us straight in the face, and instead of saying, "We should stop polluting," we say, "Wear a face mask."
Caro said…
Capybaras,

Great sense of humor. LMAO

Admittedly, I could never write rhyming haikus.
Ashley Beth said…
Russell loves no place better than Hong Kong. I bet a house there would be SPLENDID!

I bought 4 t-shirts at Foley's for $7. Wow, we're a bunch of cheap t-shirt buying ladies these days!
Anonymous said…
ooo, shocking!

***Your Personality Is Like Marijuana***


You're laid back and easy going, so much so that taking a shower is often too much trouble for you!
Nevertheless, you're quite popular, and many people enjoy your company. You're rarely turned down.
You're prone to giggle fits, paranoia, and forgetting where you are exactly.


What Drug Is Your Personality Like?
http://www.blogthings.com/whatdrugisyourpersonalitylikequiz/

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!