What we did on Wednesday

I was cooking dinner (I got my camera back from the repair folk, so I can start taking pictures of food and other things again) when that little #@%7!* shot across the kitchen floor. Reluctantly, I plugged in the sonic devices I had unplugged because we hadn't seen Rudolph in so long. I also positioned the have-a-heart trap right in front of the gap between the oven and the wall.

The dinner itself was yummy. It involved sweet potatoes, edamame, grape tomatoes, garlic, ginger, carrots, garam masala and a little bit of brown sugar, all simmered together and spooned over rice.

I didn't feel the need to be in Rudolph's company, though he disappeared, so we decided to go to Bowlmor, a trendy bowling alley near NYU. Unfortunately, one floor was closed for renovations and the other was solidly booked. So we headed over to Teany Teas, Moby's vegan mecca on Rivington Street. I'm pretty sure our waitress was Kelly Tisdale, his ex-girlfriend who basically runs the place. I had white tea (peony and strawberry blend) and a slice of vegan strawberry shortcake, which I hadn't had in a few years but I remembered. It's the kind of dessert you don't forget. No hard, tasteless biscuit here. This was more of a layer cake with strawberries in between and a really luscious frosting. Yum.

Does anyone else feel sad when the meal is over?

Comments

Elsa said…
I can't believe that little #@%7!* didn't fall for the peanut butter and oatmeal. It's definitely a smart #@%7!*.

And the dessert sounds delic.

I don't think I feel sad when the meal is over. I usually just feel satisfied and happy about the meal taking place.
Lisa said…
Poor little Rudolph! All alone and unloved in a harsh city. *sniff*
Anonymous said…
Sometimes I might feel sad that I ate so much! Diners' Remorse.
verniciousknids said…
I read about Moby's restaurant - and that he's really anal about ensuring everything is totally perfect. Personally, I don't think that's a bad way for a restaurant to be!

Maybe you should put some Moby food in the trap?!
Bearette said…
hee! it seems like our travails are over...we got maintenance to come and mouse-proof the place. they drilled metal grillwork in front of our grates.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!