Aargh. I can't get to sleep.

A confession: D and I watched Pretty Woman on TBS last night. Twice. Well, the thing is, we started at the point where Richard Gere and Jason Alexander (aka George Costanza) were talking in Richard's office about how they don't create things, they destroy them. On the second go-round, we watched it up to that point. So between the two viewings, we covered the whole movie.

I like that movie a lot. A couple of problems:

1) It's really money-focused. I hate it when Richard Gere says, "We both screw people for money." I like things to be a bit more romantic.

2) Some of the songs in it are sappy. Most of them are in the guilty-pleasure category ("Must have been love/But it's over now" and "I'll get over you, I know I will") but there is a Kenny G number when Julia Roberts is waiting for Richard to get home from the office which simply. Must. Go. I love the scene in one of the Wayne's World movies where Garth is trapped in a dentist's chair listening to Kenny G and squirming madly.

D's latest plan: he might drive to Philly with ML and then they would ride their bikes from Philly to DC. He suggested that I could take Amtrak to DC. However, it's not a sure thing yet because the route is longer than D thought, and ML may not want to accompany him. To be continued...

Comments

Anonymous said…
I watched part of Pretty Woman on TBS, too. And this morning I heard "Kiss" on the radio, so I pretended like I was Julia Roberts in the bathtub.

I think my brother once rode from Philly to DC...
bdogg_mcgee said…
My favorite part of that movie is when she goes shopping and tries on all the clothes.

I get like the girls in Romy & Michele's High School Reunion--all teary because they let her shop.

:)
Anonymous said…
Even better is when she goes back to the shop with the rude saleswomen and says, "You people work on commission, right? Big mistake- huge!"
verniciousknids said…
The payback to the snooty assistants is definitely the best bit...I'm watching re-runs of "Mad About You" cos I can't sleep!
Bearette said…
liz - i love that part. i wonder if rodeo ave saleswomen became nicer as a group after the movie came out?

vk - i actually started my blog because of insomnia :)
Bearette said…
rodeo DRIVE, sorry...
Roxanne said…
Maybe Rodeo Ave has the Rodeo Drive knock-offs :)

roxanne
Mike said…
I like the Lotus in the bginning...
Bearette said…
Hee, such a guy comment ;) "It corners like it's on rails!"
Heh, I just saw it too, or at least parts of it. I laughed when George Castanza was in there. I forgot he was the creepy lawyer in that movie.

I felt bad for Roberts' character when she got kicked out of that nice place when shopping. I've been her before (I'm a guy though, but it happens to us too).
Caro said…
I loved that movie.

I was so in lust with Richard Gere before the whole gerbil rumor.
Bearette said…
I wonder if it's true? It seems too peculiar.
No, the rumor isn't true. it's just like the Rod Stewart rumor, which isn't true either. If you don't know what I'm talking about, trust me, you don't want to know. It's worse than the Richard Gere one.
Bearette said…
Hee...now you've piqued my curiosity.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!