Frighteningly large bed


Here is the new, huge mattress we got from Sleepy's. I didn't know how enormous it was going to be; D picked it out. We've both been having back problems, and we had a 10-year-old mattress, so we figured, why not get a new one?

Here's D standing by the bed, to emphasize how tall it is. OK, he's on his knees ;)

Here's the bear D gave me from FAO Schwartz one year, also to provide perspective. Funny, this one makes the bear *and* the bed look huge.

Maybe I should rename this "the gargantuan post"? The mattress is very thick and fluffy, it will take me a while to get used to.

In college we had very narrow, hard beds. They were called "chastity beds". For reasons unknown to anyone (the student body was not particularly tall), they *were* extra-long. We were warned in all our orientation materials to bring very long sheets.

Comments

Roxanne said…
We bought a new bed that looks very similar to yours. It does take a while to get used to. At first, I was almost frightened by how big and overwhelming it seemed in our room. Now I am happy to be able to wake up in the morning and actually be able to move. I'm sure you'll notice the difference with your back soon.

Sweet dreams!

roxanne
Bearette said…
Thanks, Roxanne :)
Michelle said…
this must be the new thing. my parents bought a new bed set for their guest room (my old room) and the mattress was freakishly tall. Taller than the footboard. you need a pole vault to get on it! sheesh.
Anonymous said…
My arms and legs used to fall asleep overnight. I finally figured out that our mattress was too hard and my cirulation was getting cut off. We got a nice, ultra-plush one that did the trick. It was weird at first, but I love it now.

It is bigger, though. Alex has to jump extra high to get up there now. ;)
bdogg_mcgee said…
The bed looks VERY comfy!

I can't say enough how important it is to have a good mattress. It makes a world of difference how you view the day.

Now, I hope you have really good sheets to put on that bed. Might as well do it up big....
Elsa said…
Funny post. It looks like a very BIG bed.

I've had a bed that reaches up to my waist, maybe even a little higher, for about 6 years. I pole-vault into every night ;-) I really like having a "fluffy", soft bed - it's just so comfy. Good luck with yours! And I'll let you know where I got my pole if you want to go that route...or you may just want to stick to your ladder idea :-)
verniciousknids said…
Your new mattress makes we want to get a bed...we sleep on a traditional futon on the floor - I figure the extra effort to get up every morning helps to keep us limber :p

And with all the earthquakes we have over here - our futon can't collapse...just our apartment :D
Bearette said…
I am looking forward to tonight's sleep ;)
Bearette said…
It's like sleeping on a big fluffy cloud ;) I wasn't stiff when I got up.
Lora said…
Hope your backs are feeling better. Hubby and I got a new mattress a couple years ago and both of us stopped having to see the chiropractor.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!