Well, I just taught in Brooklyn, and I am officially a little bit in love with it. I'd never been susceptible to the charms of Park Slope before...I guess part of it was I was always there at night, when the brick can look a little bleak. But during the day, with the beautiful brownstones and low buildings and a Berkeley-like feel, I loved it.

After I taught, AT and I went to Connecticut Muffin, where we had some really good tomato basil soup and then we wandered around Prospect Park, which had people playing cricket ("they defend the wicket", AT explained) and many, many dogs, who were a bit shyer than their Manhattan counterparts. It was thoroughly beautiful and part of me just wanted to move there and nest.

Oh, and I got there really early for class so I sat on a bench near a fountain and finished up Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin. It was one of those books that gets stronger as it goes along until it has a fabulous ending. It's about the afterlife. In this book, people go to a place called Elsewhere after they die, form new relationships, and get younger and younger until they're born again as babies. I loved the ending but won't give it away here. In any case, I found the whole scenario immensely reassuring and found myself hoping it was true.

In the morning, D and I had brunch with TN. I got "Granny's pancakes," which were actually a little disappointing though I enjoyed the company. It was really nice spending Easter with friends. I hope you had a good one too.

Comments

Anonymous said…
My Easter was great.

Where did you go for brunch? Do you think it was just yucky pancakes, or was the food in general disappointing?
Bearette said…
Well, it was Tick Tock Diner, so I think the food might have been mediocre in general. D says his omelette was good though.
Bearette said…
Panqueque - that one was clear enough!
;)
Elsa said…
Yes, my Easter was very good. Dick and I spent Easter with his family in the morning and my family in the afternoon. Glad you had a nice day, too.
Anonymous said…
I spent a few hours in Prospect Park last weekend. I liked the dog beach. All the dogs were so anxious to get in the water! One ran up and stole bread that some kids were feeding to the ducks. ;)
Bearette said…
Thanks, Elsa!

Liz - A dog beach? That sounds awesome. I patted a chocolate Lab who was all wet...I guess that's where he went ;)
Anonymous said…
It was Easter? Heh. I kept forgetting that yesterday was Easter, except I did steal a bunch of my friend's candy at her apartment.
verniciousknids said…
Your Brooklyn comment reminded me of how confused me and my better half were when the cabbie refused to take Miranda to Brooklyn on SATC...we have since been enlightened ;)

Do they do doggy paddling at the doggy beach? (groan)
Anonymous said…
"nesting" is definately the right word. I love brooklyn but there's something about the areas from the heights and slope that make you feel all sendentary and baby carriage. we take our pups to the beach there in the mornings, (you and D should come for some doggie romping and brunch!) I advocate the doggie beach for anyone who wishes to continue in the illusion that their dogs are toddlers.
Bearette said…
VK - I'll have to go to the doggie beach and get back to you ;) I haven't seen it yet, but it sounds like fun.
Elsa said…
VK - I remember that episode of Sex in the City. Boy, I miss that show.
Mike said…
I've done races in Prospect Park, but never took the time to look around or explore when I was done. Sounds like I should, though, and I think I might do a race soon there.
Bearette said…
Well, let us know if you're here! :)
verniciousknids said…
They are replaying the final season of SATC on cable here...I'm so tempted to buy the boxed set :)
Bearette said…
VK - do they have desperate housewives and grey's anatomy in japan yet? even better, imho ;)
Caro said…
I'm glad you had a good Easter, except for your Granny pancakes!

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!