Give her five

AT sent us a clipping in the mail from a paper entitled, simply, "Metro" - about a guy who must've been reading too much Kafka - "The Hunger Artist" in particular.

"Playwright and author Norbert Abourdaham, 57, locked himself in a cage at the Amiens zoo last week. He said he is seeking inspiration to write a new play about pandas. 'If you want to write about the universe you need to put yourself in a cage smaller than the universe,' Aboudarham said. 'It's a really exhausting experience,' he added, sitting next to the zoo's pandas, raccoons and other animals." Hmm.

I saw the chiropractor today. My back always feels really good after I go. He was still apologizing profusely for being en route to Italy the last time I called, though I assured him it was ok. One of his other clients apparently saw someone else in his absence! But he returned after his brief defection. The chiro loved Italy. "We went to Positano...we stayed in my friend's house in a mountain, looking out over the beach...it was so beautiful," he enthused. For some reason, one of the things I remember most about Italy (we went in 2004) was a dessert served in half a cantaloupe shell, stuffed with cantaloupe balls and vanilla ice cream. Very simple and tasty.

On the way back, I met a dog who was a little shy. "Give her five!" the owner urged. Finally the dog came up and gave me five, with its paw resting in my hand. Very cute.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I like the word "chiro". It looks like it should be a word in Italian.
Bearette said…
it kind of does, doesn't it?
Nice. Now I want to go to Italy. I love desserts, and that sounded yummy.

As for Kafka, his stuff is like reading about nightmares. the Country Doctor almost gave me nightmares.
Bearette said…
it totally is. "The Trial" reminded me of my last job.
Anonymous said…
Alex will give you five, too, if you ever meet him.

Actually, you're so dog-friendly, he'd probably give you at least twenty. ;-)
Bearette said…
Hee...looking forward to it!
Elsa said…
The least your Chiro could have done was bring you back a dessert from Italy! Geez!

My favorite dessert in Italy wsa the Gelatos - yum.

I love meeting dogs, too - they are so cool.
verniciousknids said…
Positano is simply wonderful - as is everywhere in Italy in my opinion! The gelato in Italy defies description...and it's essential to sample as many as possible to justify this comment :)
Bearette said…
i remember i had gelato every day in rome...i stuck to the fruit flavors, while d got chocolate, i think. it was very yummy.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!