Tonight's dinner

Here's what we had for dinner:

It was really quite yummy. I used Crystal's recipe for Honey-Glazed Tofu, with a couple modifications. Basically, you get a pound of firm or extra-firm tofu, press out the water, cut it in 1/2-inch cubes, salt it and saute it in 2 T olive oil over medium-high heat, flipping the cubes until they're browned. In the meanwhile, whisk together 2 T honey, 1 T soy sauce, 2 T water and 1 t Thai chili sauce. When the tofu is browned, toss in the honey sauce, shake it up and saute it for 1-2 min, until the tofu is nicely glazed.

On the side is a broccoli-baby corn stirfry from Nava Atlas. You pour 1/4 c sherry and 1 t sesame oil into a stirfry pan, add 4 c broccoli florets and 1 chopped carrot, and saute until the broccoli is bright green and crisp-tender. Then you add a can of drained baby corn and some salt, and heat the corn through.

I probably won't be going to DC. D is going on the bike ride, but my housing options fell through. Another time...

Comments

Elsa said…
That looks delic. I've had tofu plenty of times before, but never honey-glazed tofu - yummy.

I'm sorry that the DC trip doesn't look like it'll work out :(
Bearette said…
Yeah, my college roomie (who I would have stayed with while D biked from philly to dc) is actually going to be in boston visiting her boyfriend this weekend. *sigh* but d will still get his bike ride in, and i'll have fun in ny.
Bearette said…
Oh, and the tofu is awesome...like candy with nutrition.
Roxanne said…
I will confess, I've never tried tofu. This recipe may convince me though. Well, your comment actually....candy with nutrition :)

roxanne
Elsa said…
Well, at least there's a lot going in NY (always) - maybe you can catch a film during the Tribeca Film Festival!

I like that description, too - "candy with nutrition". Right up my alley!
Anonymous said…
Mmm!

We grilled some tofu and veggies last night on skewers. It was good, but I think it's better when you marinate the tofu for a couple of hours first. Otherwise it seems to get a bit too dry (we just spritzed with olive oil and used some seasoning).
Caro said…
THAT looks delicious. I'm trying it this weekend.

I cheated and got some tofu cause I missed it so much!
Bearette said…
So is tofu not on the gfcf diet?
verniciousknids said…
Yum more tofu recipes...I made a coconut curry tofu dish this week, we were so hungry we dug in before I remembered to take a picture :(
Bearette said…
that sounds good! maybe you could post the recipe ;)
Caro said…
Apparently, ninety percent of people who are milk intolerant are soy intolerant. :(

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!