The first word of the day is callipygian. I kept coming across it when I was reading gossip items about Cameron Diaz and Jessica Biel. In case you didn't know, Cameron doesn't heart Jessica, who is now dating Cameron's ex-boyfriend, the redoubtable Justin Timberlake. Now that a few brain cells have been killed, I kept coming across the phrase "the callipygian starlet" in reference to Jessica Biel. Realizing that if I don't understand all the words in a gossip column, something is wrong, I promptly looked it up.
It means having a nice butt.
Didn't that enhance your day?
The other word of the day is anvilicious. I found this word nestled over at Lisa's blog, but couldn't find it on www.dictionary.com. I've been too lazy to crack open the bricks-and-mortar dictionary, so Lisa will have to tell us.
Now it's time for "truth truth lie", borrowed from Ms. L.
Eight items about me - pick which one is false.
1. I used to bite people on Friday the 13th.
2. I've only lived in three states in my life: Massachusetts, Rhode Island and New York.
3. I once had a roommate whose "stage" name was Patty Rocks. We didn't know specifically what she did; we were too afraid to ask.
4. Last Tango in Paris freaked me out when I saw it in college.
5. The first R-rated movie I saw was Child's Play (featuring the evil doll, Chucky).
6. I was once pulled over by a cop when driving, but didn't know what I did wrong.
7. I have never stayed at a job longer than a year and ten months.
8. I've been living in New York for 10 years.
Update: #8 is false. Amy solved the puzzle. Thanks to all who played :)