Monday, May 28, 2007

Tutu

D spent most of the day today with a Dutch business partner. They were eating lunch and the Dutch guy started saying how much he hates tutus. How he has disdain for them. How they're everywhere!

D thought he was going crazy, that there was a huge trend in tutus and he was just missing it. Finally it dawned on him: TATTOOS.

Hee.

Also, I saw Waitress today. It was one of those cases of a movie ruined by its ending. I was loving it...the exquisite pies (during the opening sequence, all I could think was, "I want a banana!"), the snappy dialogue, the wacky friends, and Nathan Fillion. Then they had to spoil it with the ending. I was going to give it an A++ with distinction, but the ending brought it all the way down to a B.

They really should bring me in as an ending consultant.

12 comments:

KatieBelle said...

Haha...I was wondering why he'd hate tutu's so much! They're too cute to induce hatred!

Thanks for the heads-up on Waitress! I actually might wait for the DVD now. And I agree, those pies do look yummy even in the commercial.

Caro said...

A tutu is the word we use for girlie parts around here.

I'd have been snickering inwardly for sure.

Kristen said...

Really? You didn't like the ending I thought the whole movie was wonderful - I saw it on Saturday.

Bearette24 said...

KB - you might actually like the ending, I know some other ppl did. And up till the ending, it was great.

Caro - hee!

Kristen - yeah, I wanted something to happen that didn't (I don't want to be more specific and spoil it for those who haven't seen it ;)

Lisa said...

I really liked the ending of Waitress!

I can't get that song out of my head: "Baby doncha cry. Gonna bake a pie. . . "

Roxanne said...

Next time D meets with him, he should apply a bunch of those temporary "tutus" all over himself.

I wonder if I could sneak in a pie to go watch "Waitress".....

Liz said...

You never know what the next fad will be. Didn't Sarah Jessica Parker once start a tutu trend by wearing one with leggings on Sex and the City? :)

His suzy said...

We could create a whole fictional story about how a ballerina broke his heart. lol

Bearette24 said...

Rox - that would be perfect! They should hand them out at the movie theater.

Liz - yes, I remember that! And Bjork's swan thingy at the Academy Awards ;)

Suzy - that would probably be a good story, actually. Romantic and tragic...

Ms.L said...

Aww I HATE it when they do that.
Was it your normal sappy,expected ending? Or was it just disappointing in general because they did the unexpected??

Hee hee I have a tutu.
I think that's so cute!

Bearette24 said...

Ms. L - it was kind of sappy in the wrong way...I wanted it to be more romantic :(

Elsa said...

All I could picture was New Yorkers all dressed up as ballerinas!! It amused me :)