I told the girl if she sits cross-legged, he will sit on her lap. I probably shouldn't have explained this because now his affections will be divided :(
Some things I've learned about Rainer:
- He likes mellow jazz, preferably non-vocal.
- He does NOT like alternative The Cure-type stuff or anything discordant, but his displeasure is mitigated if you sing, "Good cat, the best cat" to the tune of whatever is playing in the bookstore.
- He likes a low, soft voice.
- If your legs are bare, he has fun kneading them with his paws: pressing one paw into your leg, then the other. He retracts his claws for this.
- Kyle MacLachlan walking his dog on Broadway around 16th. He's Bree's husband on Desperate Housewives. I think he dated Charlotte on SATC, too. I almost patted his dog, but he was walking too fast.
- Rachael Ray. D had a business meeting in the building where the Food Network is, and I walked him over there. She is very short and has a nice smile.
- Sandra Bernhardt. I've seen her at Whole Foods twice and on a street corner once. I feel like I know her!