Got gauge?

Gauge is an annoying concept in knitting where you have to get a certain number of stitches per inch. For scarves, hats, and mittens, in my experience anyway, it really doesn't matter.

I started making a tank top and saw that I was getting a few more stitches per inch than you're supposed to, making the tank top narrower than it should be.

However, I didn't feel like going out and buying bigger needles to "get gauge." Also, I reasoned that my existing tank tops are still narrower than the tank-top-in-progress, and they fit fine:





It should be okay, I hope. But I learned my lesson...I did two annoying gauge swatches and switched to a smaller needle to "get gauge" for my upcoming sweater.

Totally off-topic, but Paris Hilton is going to jail for 45 days. I wonder what she did now. Did she flash someone she shouldn't have? I think she needs to start wearing underwear.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I've never done a guage swatch, either. But that tank tee is awesome :)
Bearette said…
Thanks! It's my first cotton piece. Blue Sky Alpacas blue sky cotton...I recommend it.

I also got some fingering weight sock yarn today...self-striping pink & white :)
thanks for popping by. i've been wanting to try my hand at knitting. good for you. i love handmade, crafty things.
This suzy said…
Didn't Paris get arrested for DUI or something? I think that's why she's going to jail. Maybe she can do a reality show titled "The REALLY Simple Life." LOL
Caro said…
I read that she cried in court.

Boo-friggidy-hoo!

She got in trouble for driving with a suspended license.

Like she isn't rich enough to pay somebody to drive her anywhere she wants?

I'm sure she'll weasel out of it $omehow.
Bearette said…
Very true...$omehow!

;)
Anonymous said…
I just finished my first fingering weight sock :)
blackcrag said…
wool shrinks, though, doesn't it? Not that I'm against small, snug tanks. Quite the opposite, in fact.
Bearette said…
Hee. It's actually a cotton tank :)

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!