Zen Palate and a found song

We went to Zen Palate with AT tonight. In its own quiet way, Zen Palate is one of my favorite restaurants in NYC. D blasphemously claims that San Fran restaurants are better than New York's, but I think San Fran lacks good middle-of-the-road restaurants. It has great high-end restaurants (Millennium; a Greek restaurant called Kakkori Estiatoria or something similar; Chez Panisse in nearby Berkeley), but if you don't want to spend a small fortune, you're stuck eating at an Indian restaurant whose menu features male goat brain. (I guess the female brain is not as tasty.)

At Zen Palate, I like to get the veggie loaf with spaghetti; the veggie loaf is similar to meatballs but much better. For dessert, D got a vegan chocolate raspberry cake, while AT and I both opted for banana pie. The cake was delicious.

Also, I added Scotland, PA to my lengthy Netflix queue (about 400 movies) based on AT's recommendation. What could be wrong with a Macbeth retelling set at a fast-food restaurant?

And finally, I've been looking for a certain song for a while. I heard it playing at Crunch and was able to understand the lyrics more clearly. This renewed my determination :) I put the lyrics into a search engine, and this time I was able to find the song and download it to my iPod! It's "Self-Control" by Laura Branigan.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Bearette, you've got me living only for the night. :)
Bearette said…
So you knew it? I could've asked you and saved time ;)
Mike said…
What? You didn't want "Gloria" also? Oh the humanity....
Bearette said…
Hee...I have that one already :)

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!