I can't sleep...again. It would be nice if I had fascinating thoughts while trying to get to sleep, but nope. Just lying there with energy coursing through my body. I'm a night owl through and through.

El Nino has apparently gone south or something, for it was -5 tonight. D and I went to a nearby Irish pub because he loves to go out on Friday and Saturday nights. Something about the pub made me feel old, maybe the blaring music, maybe the Dave Matthews in the background. 40 is only 9 years away. It's frightening.

Had a meeting with my writing friend M on Wednesday. She gave up American Idol for it...I was touched. Maybe she has Tivo? I've never seen the show, myself, but Carpe tells me it was a 2-hour extravaganza on Wednesday night. Anyway, I changed the venue of the meeting from the Irish pub to a French cafe, and I'm glad I did. The pub is incredibly loud, whereas the cafe is perfect. And has the best French toast in the world. (I had it for dinner.)

Am currently obsessed with Sarah Dessen. Technically, her books are for young adults, but they're deeper and more nuanced than most. Here's how I would grade them:

That Summer - B
Someone Like You - A
Keeping the Moon - A
Dreamland - not yet read
The Truth About Forever - A
This Lullaby - A
Just Listen - B

And thanks for all your comments on my last entry. I never realized how wild a bachelorette party could be :)

Comments

This suzy said…
I have never watched American Idol and don't really feel the need to start.
Bearette said…
Yeah, I don't think I will, either!
Caro said…
Forty is nine years away. Oh, you geezer.

I turn 38 in less than three weeks. Nine years sounds like heaven. :P

But it's all relative.

And American Idol is fun in the beginning when they show the people that can't sing, but think they can.

When they actually get to the people that can sing, it gets boring.
Katie said…
In the what, SIX years (??) it's been on, I've never once seen an episode of American Idol...I can definitely get in to some Kelly Clarkson though every now and then.

Thanks for the nice words about my Longhorns hat! It's definitely my fav. hat, even though I only get to wear it a couple times a year.
verniciousknids said…
Cheer up B...I hear that 40 is the new 30 anyway ;)
Bearette said…
C - i heard they have a lot of ppl who can't sing lately ;)

Belle - i recognize the symbol from my trip to austin :)

VK - right, and pink is the new black ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!