Cravings

We had dinner with M&M at Chola. Their first child is due to arrive on Feb. 3. (As a side note, we know four pregnant women, including her, who are all due in February. There must have been something in the water in May.)

Anyway, M was telling us that pregnancy normalizes his wife's appetite.

M: She used to...

M (covering his mouth): Don't tell them!

M: She would hold Cheerios in her hand and run tap water on them, and then mush them...

M: I didn't mush them. I just like them...a little soggy.

M: And then she'd add salt and pepper.

D: Would she add milk to the damp Cheerios?

M: Only when she's pregnant.

So what does she crave now? Birthday cake. Pretty normal, huh? And it doesn't have to be linked to someone's birthday. Any layer cake with frosting is fine.

Comments

Caro said…
During my very first pregnancy, I would pull an onion out of the fridge and eat it like an apple. Yick!
Bearette said…
Hee. I actually read that potatoes, apples and onions taste the same, we just think they taste different because of their smells? Anyway, a raw onion is very healthy for you, i'm sure ;)
Anonymous said…
I'd love to eat a raw onion like that, just to have the experience.

Maybe I will. I assume Vidalia would provide the most pleasing experience. :)
This suzy said…
I hope I never see Salt and Pepper Cheerios on the shelf.
Amy said…
I have been craving apples lately. I have probably eaten 20 apples in the last week alone!
Bearette said…
Liz - yes, those would be the sweetest ;)

Suzy - i agree!

amy - i haven't had an apple in a while. in the winter i get into oranges :)
Amy said…
they are in season out here so there are tons of different "flavors" of apples at the grocery store. i think i have tried them all!
Anonymous said…
I think if I ever ate an onion like an apple, I would be sick for at least 5 days. Ugh!

I crave green olives.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!