Email and guilty pleasures

I always like receiving emails from my niece, who is 11. Today's missive:

Hi guys! How you doing? I'm over at Dodo's house right now. Happy New Year everyone! Yippie for 2007! How is yoga, Aunt Bearette? How is work, Uncle D? Well, I gotta go! Dodo is taking us to the park!
Love, H

Dodo is her name for my mom (her grandmother). She started calling her that when she was very young and Mom basically reinforced it by asking her, "What's my name?" Then she would say in her little 3-year-old voice, "Dodo," and everyone would laugh. So the name has stuck to this day. H and her brother love the park, which is near my old high school, down the street from the house where I grew up. They told me, "The slides have a lot of information and swear words." When I asked them, "What information?", they said, "Who loves who." I guess that is a succinct description of playground graffiti.

In other news, I realized that everyone probably has iPod guilty pleasures. These are songs that you wouldn't necessarily broadcast that you like (though I'm doing that here). Off the top of my head, mine are:

Photograph - Def Leppard
Dilemma - Nelly & Kelly Rowland (possibly my favorite of all the guilty pleasures :)
Ain't Nuthin' But a G Thang - Dr. Dre
I Feel For You - Chaka Khan
Ain't Nobody - Chaka Khan

What are yours? Don't be shy.

And, to continue the fascinating skin care thread, I've finally stumbled upon 2 great products - Jason Red Elements Gently Cleansing Gel (normal to oily) and Jason Red Elements Calming Toner (all skin types). In conjunction, they rock!

Comments

Amy said…
I love all bad 80s music, that is my total guilty pleasure. Def Leppard, Bon Jovi, Whitesnake, Poison are all great to me!
Bearette said…
Yay, hair bands!

:)
verniciousknids said…
If you are using a cleanser and a toner...then you are not a minimalist ;)

"Dilemma" is such a cool song; surely it's not a guilty pleasure!

BTW I'm not ashamed of any of the music on my mini...and I don't care what anyone else thinks ;)
Anonymous said…
I use an eye cream, so I guess I'm not really a minimalist, either.

I'm not convinced that it's necessary, but when I had a facial for my birthday in 2005 the technician was horrified that I didn't use eye cream. My skin tends to be pretty dry, so I figure it can't hurt. :)

ipod confession: I just added Jump by the Pointer Sisters.
This suzy said…
My music tastes are all over the place anyway, so I don't really have any guilty pleasures. Not to mention that I don't have an iPod to put them on anyway. lol
Bearette said…
vk - you're right. i guess i can't claim to be a minimalist anymore ;)

liz - i used to have that one on my ipod! (i cycle songs on and off.) i like when hugh grant dances to it in Love Actually. i used to use eye cream, but i think i was allergic to it or something.
Katie said…
"I Feel For You - Chaka Khan
Ain't Nobody - Chaka Khan"

YESS!!!!

I LOVE both of the songs SO MUCH and I have to tell you, those are deifnitely on my guilty pleasure playlist. I also have some Motley Crue and 50 Cent in there for good measure.
verniciousknids said…
Bearette: Welcome to the other side ;)
Caro said…
I had the Def Leppard photgraph album, well the cassette tape.

Can't think of the name of my favorite song on it.

Was it called "I want Rock & Roll"?
Bearette said…
C - not sure. I actually got the song from iTunes, so i don't have the full album.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!