Squash and the undead

Sometimes I take my computer power cord, and plug it into different outlets on the side of my computer. D has warned me that this might short-circuit my computer. Well, tonight there was a hissing sound and my computer screen went black. Apparently it's entirely ok, other than the fact that it thought it was December 1969 when it woke up. I reset the date and time. Computers have personalities, don't they? I think mine is a girl named Silver. Then again, I named my former car, a '98 Honda Civic, Silver as well.

We had dinner at Little Frankie's in the East Village with DG. At first it was unprepossessing because the music at the bar was very loud. But the music improved. At first, also, they tried to seat us at a communal table with some strangers, and we decided to wait for a regular table. It was really good! I was sitting right next to a heater. I decided not to bow to societal expectations when I ordered. Instead, I got exactly what I wanted: a pear and gorgonzola salad and a side of butternut squash. I love squash. It was baked with cheese and I just loved it.

The dinner conversation was a riot. I am always reluctant to give away personal details about other people here - unless they're celebrities ;) - but suffice it to say, DG's stories make me laugh.

I want to eat butternut squash all day.

Jennifer Aniston has a movie coming out on Dec. 16, I think, called Rumor Has It. It looks like a groovy chick flick. I'll probably see it with my friend T.

I'm a little nervous about practice teaching tomorrow. There will be 16 people (all yoga school students; 16 go on Saturday, the other 16 go on Sunday). I haven't taught a group that large before.

I finished "Carrie Pilby" and "Undead and Unappreciated" and enjoyed them both. I know some people felt the latest Undead book was a disappointment, but I find they improve as they go along. Some people were miffed that it came out in hardcover, but I thought it was justified. It seemed more polished than the previous books in the series.

Comments

Bearette said…
Thanks Jennifuzz! That sounds really yummy. So Otto is on 5th Ave? It looks good. BTW, you are welcome to come to my yoga class :)
Undead and Underappreciated? Did the Zombie Lama write that book?

You'll do fine in your teaching of yoga class. the place I used to go to had a girl who would practice teach about once every two weeks. It was cool. She was nervous at first, but seriously, most people are thinking more about what they have to do than worrying about how well the teacher is doing.
Caro said…
You'll do great!
Bearette said…
Carolyn - Thanks!

Zombieslayer - Hehe...no, Mary Janice Davidson wrote it. If you like vampires, it's a fun read ;) I guess you're probably right.
Anonymous said…
I know you'll do great with the practice teaching! Can't wait to hear about it!
Bearette said…
Thanks WW!
Anonymous said…
I have a good butternut squash recipe that has squash, red bell pepper, rosemary, olive oil and parmesan cheese. It is heavenly. I'll try to remember to get it to you.
Bearette said…
Liz - that sounds awesome! I will eagerly await it ;)
Anonymous said…
Bearette- I posted the recipe over at my blog...

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!