The nicest book

Sometimes I am too sentimental, I know. I just finished a library book and now there is a nice pink glow over everything. And I kind of want to adopt a baby girl from China. No, not really. But the book kind of makes you think you do.

I'll back up. The book is "...And Baby Makes Two" by Judy Sheehan. It's about a 37-year-old woman in New York who's kind of stagnating. Not interested in dating, has a good-enough corporate job. And then she seems to be surrounded by babies. And then she does a Google search for "single mothers," starts meeting with a group of women interested in adopting, and it takes off from there.

I don't want to spoil the book if you plan on reading it, but it really was a cozy read.

It's interesting, too, because lately I feel like I've been getting cosmic messages not to have children. I was going to my writing class last week and saw a girl from my class in the elevator. She joked that she was always jealous when she saw me with my yoga mat, because she doesn't have time to exercise anymore. She did tell me "the more help you can get, the better" and explained that she's able to write on the two days her nanny comes.

Comments

bdogg_mcgee said…
lucky biatch...
jules said…
I will have to check this book out. I gave my bro a new copy of A Million Little Pieces down in FLA!

Congrats on graduating! Way to go!
Anonymous said…
I am on the waiting list for that one... glad to know it's good!
Lish said…
I am undecided about children. Ofcourse that really doesn't matter since I don't have a husbadn either.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!