I stopped by the library after lunch and got some more books. There was a little cartoon at the librarian's station that said: "If you don't pay your fine, Babar will break your pinky." It showed a librarian confronting a patron and a huge Babar looming behind the librarian. Now, we all know Babar would never do that ;)

I also stopped by the pet store near this particular library. There was a foxy-type dog, a Pomeranian, and a dog that looked like Leah's Simon in the front window. In the back, they had puggies, little black Labs, and I think another Pomeranian. The Pomeranian started to whimper and jump around, trying to bust out of his cage, when he saw me. They are so cute, they break your heart.

On the way home, I saw someone that looked like Kelly Osborne - raven-black hair, pale white skin and a number of lip rings. But then the person's mouth opened and a male voice came out. I also saw a drag queen of a certain age sitting on a stoop. The drag queen had plucked out his eyebrows and was drawing them in with a bright pink pencil. The heavy pink and rose makeup was an interesting contrast to the deep furrows in his face and his decidedly masculine features. It was endearing somehow.

Only in New York.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Bearette!
That’s just wrong what they did to Babar. Changing him from a loveable character to the muscle that enforces library policies. I would hope that Babar wouldn’t do that.
Drag queens and makeup. Coolness. NYC has so many unique people, including you and your husband. You guys are very cool.
TN.
Caro said…
I would love to see New York someday.
Bearette said…
TN - D decoded your identity! He is so smart. You should move to NYC!

:)

C - you could visit! You could set SJ loose in FAO Schwartz. I think it's still open.
Caro said…
I wonder how long it would take them to kick us out. LOL

We would have to sneak to New York without telling our relatives in Maine we were there. Because, after all, it is only a "short" drive away. (when we're doing the driving.)
Bearette said…
OMG, NY to Maine is a long freakin' ride. NY to Boston is a long ride.
Anonymous said…
By the way, I was in Barnes & Noble last night and I decided to buy A Suitable Boy, finally. I was shocked to see how big it is! I'd never seen it before, other than pictures of the cover.

I love a nice, big book!
Bearette said…
That's a good one! It is really long. But it flies by :)
Anonymous said…
Drag queens for me have yet to be endearing---it's sort of like clowns and people in costume. They kind of freak me out because I can't see who they are.

I had a queen call when I was working a hotel, and he asked if we had a problem with a drag queen staying there. I said no, only if he disturbed other guests intentionally or something. I expected Rupaul or something, but it was this older man in a little mini skirt, totally NOT looking like a woman.

That was a really long story.
Bearette said…
It's kind of cute that he asked ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!