Bear with me, my O is hurting

My O key is only working sporadically, so if you see some O's missing, bear with me. I'm trying to fix them as I go along. Oh, I just ripped off the key by accident. (I was trying to clean around it with a pen cap.) In a way, it's easier to type o's now. I never realized how many o's there were.

Anyway, yoga school is about to come to an end. I'm going to miss it. I know, I complained about all the stress and interminable homework assignments. But it was nice to be together with people, doing something I love, learning a lot and becoming comfortable with public speaking. I think the trick is to see it as chatting with friends, not making announcements to a group.

It's bitterly cold here today. Before, it's been brisk, kind of a nice jovial cold, but now it's the real thing, with puddles frozen and everything.

There was a guy in yoga today who was totally new and had trouble with almost all the poses, so the teacher kept coming back to him and showing him what to do. He was sitting next to me and I figured I could learn how to help new people, so I watched them. She spent a long time getting him into a seated spinal twist. Then she realized he was on the wrong side. Laughing, he switched over. It was cute.

I have a shameful confession to make. My reading is getting trashier by the minute. I've started reading Red Dress Ink books from the library. They're one of the chick lit imprints, but I always felt Downtown Press and Avon Trade were better. Now I like Red Dress Ink, except the "glamour lit" ones - you know, where the girl works as an assistant in the fashion industry and names like Prada and Christian Louboutin get bandied about.

Yesterday I finished "A Wedding in December" by Anita Shreve. It was good, though there was an historical narrative embedded in it that left me with a sour taste in my mouth. A little bit cheesy and sleazy, as a girl I knew in college would say.

Comments

Caro said…
You haven't complained about yoga school. I thought you were very upbeat!
Anonymous said…
I tried to read A Wedding in December, but I couldn't get past the first chapter...

As a yOga person it must be especially difficult when your O key is on the fritz... ;-)
Bearette said…
Thanks C ;)

Liz - it was actually pretty good, though not one of her best. It is hard ;)
Anonymous said…
I agree that it hasn't sounded like complaining at all. In fact, I've consistently been very inspired by you. First with the leaving the stuffy job then finding something to do that you not only enjoy, but in which you can stay balanced and connect to individuals while still being true to your calling. It's all very fabulous and should certainly merit you some moments of trashy indulgence. :-)
Ashley Beth said…
Your attitude seems to be great about everything you do!


Thank you for the birthday well-wishes. It's been fun.

Cheesy & Sleasy...sounds good to me!
Bearette said…
Thanks T & AB!

Capybaras, you are a certified sillyhead.
Lish said…
I must admit I love cheesy chick lit!
Lish
I think it's cute when women read "chick lit," the trashier, the better.

My n key is completely naked. The n is gone. Are Macs using the bargain brand key ink? Probably so.
Bearette said…
I bet you're right! I have a Mac.
Bearette said…
Lish - me too :)
Anonymous said…
The way you describe feeling after your yoga school is over is how I feel when a semester ends at school---I guess that's why I keep coming back. It's a good sign that you'll keep this up. Congrats.
Bearette said…
Thanks K. Long-distance pats for your cat (though I'm allergic).

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!