Hi all, I don't have too much to share but the mood to blog is upon me. Yesterday D and I were assailed by Wachovia people. They offered us 15 free songs on iTunes in exchange for our phone numbers. Not for a date, but so they could call us with bank info. I expected D to balk - he hates giving out personal info - but apparently he is only reluctant to give out his email address. "They'll only call once or twice, but spam is forever," he said.

So I promptly bought 15 songs last night. This was a careful process which involved browsing iTunes by genre with a heavy emphasis on the '80s. After "buying" them, I decided I didn't like 2 songs (both from modern times) and deleted them. What the heck, they were free.

If inquiring minds want to know, here are the ones I bought:

Billie Jean - Michael Jackson (This is the best song to sing with a friend, ever. Preferably the friend can do a good falsetto.)
Faith - George Michael (I considered Father Figure, but that one makes me sad for some reason. Also, it's creepy. "Put your tiny hand in mine" - nah.)
Gloria - Laura Branigan
Owner of a Lonely Heart - Yes
Things Can Only Get Better - Howard Jones
Kyrie - Mr. Mister (I love the grandeur of Mr. Mister.)
Talking in Your Sleep - The Romantics
You Spin Me 'Round (Like a Record) - Dead or Alive
Steal My Sunshine - Len
Let the Music Play - Shannon
O.P.P. - Naughty by Nature
Only the Lonely - The Motels
Enjoy the Silence - Depeche Mode (I already have the original; this is a Timo Maas remix. 8 minutes of moody DM, what could be better?)

I discovered to my chagrin that most of the songs on my yoga class playlist don't really work when you try to do yoga to them. I realized that 2 of the great loves of my life - yoga and '80s/dance music - are fundamentally at odds with each other. So I think I'll just play random songs when I do yoga at home and see what works. It's a little frustrating because I'm very good at making mixes for people and D always says I'm the DJ (of the 2 of us). But I'll figure it out.

There's a woman on my floor who is marvelously antisocial. I'm really impressed. I don't know anyone else who avoids social contact to such an extent. I guess it's not a good thing ;)

Comments

Caro said…
I love the one by Howard Jones and the Motels. I used to drive in my car and sing along to those when nobody was looking. (^:
Bearette said…
Hehe. I am a big singer in cars as well ;) Though I haven't driven in a while.
Only the Lonely - The Motels

I love this song!

Someone here jonesing for the 80s? ;)
Bearette said…
Hehe...I love the '80s. I'll bring many '80s CDs to your compound. Good call on Giada Laurentiis, by the way...always smart to have an Italian cook on hand ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!