The first snow

















So here are the windchimes on my terrace (a gift from my sister) and some snow shots. Whenever we have the first snow, I think of my childhood dog, Pepper, who liked to jump in the snowdrifts. Sometimes she got ice or little balls of snow caught in her paws, and we had to take them out.

My camera is really a sorry piece of equipment. I've already sent it in to be fixed once, and it still has the same problem. Whenever I try to zoom, the lens freezes open and won't close, making it impossible to take pictures. The lens also freezes open on other occasions. It makes me mad. It is one of the cheaper digital cameras at $160, but $160 is a lot to pay for something that doesn't work. I guess I will send it in for repairs one more time.

On a more positive note, practice teaching went pretty well yesterday. I liked the poses I was given to teach - two forward bends (janu sirsasana and pascimottanasana) plus a tabletop. I wasn't too nervous. I do think I will prefer teaching when I'm not being "watched". But it's good to get feedback.

It's funny, I like snow, but the grayness, I can do without.

I just started "Two for Joy" by Patricia Scanlan. It's about as close as you can get to Maeve Binchy without buying a Binchy book.

Comments

Caro said…
I want to play in the snow.
Bearette said…
Isn't it pretty? We're supposed to get more this week.
Anonymous said…
I do a lot of teaching for my job (research skills). I always hated being watched and tried to forget the person was even in the room.

I'm really glad your class went well!
Lisa said…
Snow!

I miss snow. Although, I must say, it was very nice having mid-80s temps this weekend.

Glad the teaching went well!
Bearette said…
Thanks Liz & Lisa! I wish it were 80 here. I do like snow, though :)
Anonymous said…
Yea snow!

I hate being watched by people who are peers or more advanced than me.
Lish said…
I wish it snowed in Austin. We had freezing temps this week, but no snow, just ice.
Lish
Rachel Federman said…
This is odd but your writing style reminds me so much of my friend Elinor from Dmouth. You're both so well read. Wonder if that has anything to do with it.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!