Christmas and the aftermath










Merry Christmas, everybody! I hope you had a groovy day. I woke up on the 23rd, feeling grim with a day of travel ahead of me, but the day shaped up well. First I got a big Amazon box from Lisa! She got me a stuffed shih tzu and a fun book about wiggling! (Not the Australian band, I promise.)

On the train we had the privilege of hanging out with Caroline, an adorable 3-year-old from Virginia. She has officially made me re-think my stance on kids. Maybe in 2 years. (Don't worry, y'all...I won't rush into it.)

Christmas Eve and the day itself were also fun. One of my favorite gifts was a pink coat from my sister!

D got, among other things, a classic book on advertising. It was written in the 1920s, and has some, um, interesting views on mothers!

(From Chapter One, "Early Influences"): "The greatest event in my career occurred a year before I was born. My father selected for me a Scotch mother. She typified in a high degree the thrift and caution of her race. Boys, they say, gain most of their qualities from their mothers...A Scotch mother is the greatest asset a boy can have who desires a career in advertising. Then economy and caution are instinctive with him. They are fundamentals"...Lest we think he is sexist, he praises his mother highly: "She was a college graduate with great intellectual powers."

I've peppered some pics through here. (The fluffy mailman toy belongs to my sister's dog.) Thanks again for your holiday wishes - e-cards (Kim) and sparkly cards (Bdogg).

Comments

Anonymous said…
Love the photos! And ohmighosh, that is a beautiful dog. :-)
Frema said…
And a Merry Christmas to you, too! (Although belated.) Let me take the time now to wish you a happy New Year. :)
Bearette said…
T - Isn't she pretty?

F - Happy New Year :)
Anonymous said…
Those are some rad pictures! I especially love the one where Caroline is standing up and pointing up. It’s almost like she is dancing.
Merry Christmas, Bearette! I’m sorry I’m late on the holiday wishes.
Hope to see you soon.
TN
Bearette said…
Merry Christmas, T - hopefully we will see Rumor Has It and go to "Bright" soon.
Harmonia said…
Great place you have here! Just blog hopping and thought I would drop you a quick hello.
I'm at:
http://harmonia.blogsome.com
Anonymous said…
Glad you had a merry Christmas! I think we'll be heading back north on Friday.
Cool photos. :)

Hope your Christmas went well. And hope your New Years goes well too.
Lish said…
Hope you had a great Christmas!

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!