So tonight, we went to Rainer-land. But first, we stopped at Fornino for some yummy, thin-crust pizza. I highly recommend them if you live in NYC. They have a great variety of pies, a cheerful staff, and an impressive selection of desserts. Even better, they don't play any songs after 1989. The Doobie Brothers, the Bee Gees, early Michael Jackson, and De Barge all made an appearance.

The waitress recommended the tartufo, which pretty much knocked our socks off. (We put them back on before we left.) It's hard to describe, but it was kind of slices of chocolate ice cream with an accent of vanilla ice cream, and it had a crisp-but-not-hard chocolate coating. The plate was also dotted with whipped cream and sprinkled with cocoa powder.

Rainer was elated to see me...not to brag or anything ;) He was a kneading maniac, moving from my legs to my hipbones and stomach. I think he has very sound judgment -- he relaxes when the music is soft and mellow, and doesn't like it when songs are grating. Before I left, he requested a belly rub, which has become part of our repertoire :)

Comments

Elsa said…
Mmmmm...I could go for some tartufo right about now.

I love 80's songs...cheesy or not...I just love them!
Bearette said…
Elsa - me too!

Re the tartufo, I was thinking, I should've done this right and brought my camera like Elsa ;)
Elsa said…
Bearette - That's funny that you say that because as I was reading your post I was thinking "oh, it would be nice to see a picture of the tartufo"!! :)
Mz.Elle said…
Mmmmmmmm,you've got me droooolin'!
I'm a 80's fan too;p
This suzy said…
That food sounds good!
Caro said…
I'm dieting again and you're torturing me. Mmm, pizza.

Your pink hat is so cute.
Bearette said…
Caro - thanks re the hat, sorry re the torture. At least there were no pix, right??
Iamthebookworm said…
I love hearing about Rainer!
Bearette said…
He's very popular with bloggers :) Probably because he's a cool cat.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!