I saw George Clooney!

So D and I agreed to eat at a neighborhood restaurant tonight. There was a commotion out front, with bright lights and people filming. Once we got in the resto, I asked the host what was going on. "George Clooney is out there," he said matter-of-factly, but you could tell he was enjoying the drama of it.

After we ordered, I stepped downstairs and one of the employees went to the window and pointed him out. "What do you think of the beard?" the employee asked. "You got a pretty face, why hide it?" (referring to George). I didn't think it was bad, though. It made him look rugged.

On the way out, we got an even better view. He's tall, with dark hair that's mostly silver now, and he was wearing an expensive-looking gray suit. He smiled at someone nearby and he did have a beautiful smile. I thought he was better-looking in person, which seems to be a trend with male celebrities I've seen.

Comments

Elsa said…
You're so lucky! That must have been very cool. He's definitely an "A-List" celebrity.
Bearette said…
It really was, I was a little star-struck! As was everyone on the sidewalk, apparently ;)
Roxanne said…
Hee! That's much more impressive than my "Naked Cowboy" spotting. Lucky you! Did D bother to go downstairs to get a better look?
Bearette said…
He didn't, but he saw him as we left, which was actually a better view anyway ;) From the window, I only saw his back, but when we were leaving, I saw his face.
Anonymous said…
_Nice_.

I had a similar exp. with a guy looking better in person. M and I saw Tom Brady in CA last year and I didn't recognise him. I was like, "M, look at that guy. I think he's been in movies". He just looked like a really handsome, possibly famous guy. This dates it: he was with his parents and Bridget Moynahan!

-Ladypeter
This suzy said…
Oh, if he's better looking in person, then I'm REALLY jealous that you saw him!!
Anonymous said…
So, so jealous! I love me some George.
Bearette said…
LP - Yeah, I guess he's with Gisele now ;)

Suzy & Kitkat - I'll tell him you said hi if I see him again ;) Or, I'll try carrying a camera with me at all times :)

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!