Saturday notes

I went to the park today (I finished Snowed In by Christina Bartolomeo; she is underrated, I recommend her to any Anne Tyler fans) and sat on a bench and read next to a woman with a snippy chihuahua. I guess they are my least favorite dogs. I did have a nice time with a one-year-old shih tzu named Star. After the chihuahua left, I noticed the woman had left behind an untouched pastry. I unwrapped the pastry and tossed it to the pigeons. They looked at it in disbelief and then they took turns eating it. It was very civilized. You could tell how happy they were; one was even making little purring sounds. Seriously.

I bought some fruit at the farmers' market; the Fuji apples were excellent even if I had to wash the soil off first. I wrote a note to my first yoga teacher (and probably the best). She got pregnant, had her baby and cut way back on her teaching. She dropped her regular gig at one of the places where I'm subbing now. According to a mutual friend, she's planning on opening a teahouse/yoga studio in Hell's Kitchen, if she can get funding. Hell's Kitchen is not very hellish anymore, and she lives there. I sent an email to see how things are going. If she starts it up, I'd love to teach there! Or even take classes.

And, for cocker spaniel lovers...I met a King Charles Cavalier cocker spaniel that licked me all over my face. I think dogs love salt. Also, on the way to Pilates, I met 3 regular cocker spaniels, one of each color (black, red and gold). The black one reminded me of Alex, and took to me the most. I really gave them the full treatment...I didn't know anyone was watching. Then I saw my Pilates teacher, who was talking on her cell phone nearby. She caught the whole thing. I was initially a little embarrassed, but she just grinned.

Comments

Lisa said…
What a great Saturday! I thought about you today when I was out for a (very) long walk---lots of dogs to pat! Including this one adorable daschund puppy that was following his human as she ran.
Bearette said…
oh - so cute! i love their little legs and sausage bodies ;)
Caro said…
A chihuahua keeps sneaking into my FIL's back yard and trying to "make it" with the lab.

When my FIL tries to run him off, he snarls at him.
Elsa said…
Sounds like a perfect day! A good book, nice weather, farmer's market, dogs, dogs and dogs! I really like KCC Cocker Spaniels - they are so cute!!

And that was very nice of you to feed the pigeons some pastry...I wish I was a pigeon :-)
Bearette said…
c - that sounds like the chihuahua i met. very bad-natured. it barked at a man who was trying to sell water! the man laughed it off, saying maybe the chihuahua wanted water ;)

e - kcc is cute; it makes me think of kfc ;)
Anonymous said…
Alex's girlfriend and her owner came to our house last night for a visit. Alex was very happy!

He gets very jealous whenever I pet another dog and has to run over and stick his face in mine in an accusatory manner.

By the way, have you read Baby Proof by Emily Giffin?
Bearette said…
:) Not yet, but I can't wait! I've had it on hold at the library forever...
This suzy said…
I've heard pigeons purr! I know it's true, Bearette! :)
Anonymous said…
It sounds like you had a great day! Cocker spaniels are great -- we had one when I was growing up.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!