Weekend post

So D and I will probably see You, Me and Dupree tonight...despite awful reviews. There's something charming and winning about Owen Wilson. As opposed to Vince Vaughn, who seems vaguely (or not so vaguely) menacing.

For those who inquired about my good news...there's every indication I should find out within the next few days. So keep your fingers crossed for me :)

Also, there's a kitty, owned by another yoga teacher, who is looking for a home. The kitty currently lives in Brooklyn. Its owner is getting married to an allergic man. The cat is 12 years old, and somehow I feel like it is my mission to find it a home :) So let me know if you would like a new addition to your family. I guess this only applies to New York readers, since I don't know if cats are amenable to traveling.

In other news, I took out some books from the library yesterday, including Babyji by Abha Dawesar. I had the "commentary" librarian, who checked out the other books without comment, but said "Oh...my...god" and let out a deep bass chuckle when she saw the cover of Babyji (pictured in the sidebar). Then, for no apparent reason, she told me that an actor from Criminal Intent stopped by the library last year. She seemed deeply disappointed that I had never seen the show ;)

My melatonin dreams seem to have tapered off, and it's working well. I did have a dream about Grey's Anatomy, but it was not unpleasant. Have I mentioned that I can't wait for that show to come back in the fall? Which show do you miss the most?

Comments

Anonymous said…
The Amazing Race... my favorite show!

I'm also a big I Love Lucy fan, but they don't seem to show the reruns very often...
bdogg_mcgee said…
I miss "Alias." I'm still crushed that they canceled the show.

Waiting rather impatiently for your news! :)
Bearette said…
Liz - my mom loves the amazing race. if you get her started, she will go on about how it's better than all other reality shows. it's cute :) i've actually never seen the actual show.

bdogg - i knew you were going to say alias! :) will share the news soon, i am just waiting for confirmation...
verniciousknids said…
Show I miss the most? Everything that was on BBC Japan (I'm still upset about them cancelling!)
Bearette said…
vk - i remember that! you lost quite a lot of shows. you still have SATC, though, right??
This suzy said…
I don't know about all cats, but I know my (late) cat HATED the car ride when I moved. He was apparently biting on the door to his cage because he hated it so much! I'm so thankful to my mom for being the one to drive him!
Anonymous said…
Good for you for your mission re: the kitty. I LOVE cats but cannot take another at this point.

Re: TV.. As far as cancelled shows, hands down I miss Freaks and Geeks the most. I ADORE that show. Current shows off the air for now: I miss Big Love.
Lisa said…
Could someone please explain the popularity of Grey's Anatomy? I watched one episode and just didn't understand why anyone would watch it. But, then again, I felt the same way about Seinfeld, so . . . .

I'm getting spoiled by having a TV right now, but I'll be glad to be rid of it in the Fall. I'm getting nothing done!
Bearette said…
Suzy - wow, i guess the cat should stay local ;)

Ashley - i understand :) my sister has 3 cats (and 2 dogs), so i'm reluctant to ask her.

Lisa - hard to explain. I just love the characters (most of them, anyway), the cliffhanger situations (no matter how cheesy), the love triangles, the absurdity, the melodrama, etc...
Amy said…
Let's see - shows I miss the most - Scrubs, LOST, 24, and Grey's Anatomy would have to be top of list.
Anonymous said…
Bearette-- my brother and his girlfriend (in Brooklyn) recently found homes for seven kittens that were abandoned near their house. He emailed me pictures of them-- they were unbearably cute.
Bearette said…
amy - i used to watch scrubs! i'm surprised no one mentioned desperate housewives.

liz - that sounds adorable! maybe you should put them on your blog? ;)
Elsa said…
Boy, your librarian will never stop with the comments - geesh!

I miss The Office - can't wait for it to be back on TV.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!