Melatonin dreams...and a duel

Before I lose my nerve, I will post about some of the melatonin dreams I've been having. These are intense and sometimes disturbing. So...you've been warned ;)

The first one: I watch a movie on a TV screen with my mother and Elaine and George from Seinfeld. We're all sitting in the family room of the house I grew up in. The next day, I run into George...but it turns out it's just someone who looks exactly like him. He asks me, "What did you do last night?" I said, "I watched a movie with Elaine and George." He sighed and said wistfully, "Elaine is a pretty girl."

The second one: D and I are at the beach with a girl of our acquaintance. She keeps taking her bikini bottom off and walking around. Only...instead of traditional female parts, there's a line of thread, like she was sewn up. (I did sew some tears in my clothes recently.)

Still reading?

The third one: D brings me to some gambling place which looks like an OTB gambling office, except there are long tables. (I've never been to an OTB place, I just pass them by foot sometimes...honest ;) In the dream, D has a totally different personality...mocking and evil. (IRL he is very sweet.) He tells me how he's been going gambling every day after work without telling me, and from the evil glint in his eye, I know there's something more. So I ask, already knowing the answer: "Did you cheat on me?" He says offhandedly, "Yeah, I cheated on you once. She had earrings and high heels."

(Now, here my real-life self, which is conscious somewhere, is giggling a little. Because I don't think a guy would ever describe a woman this way.) But in the dream, I pull his chair out from under him, raise it above him, and...

I woke up a little freaked out from that one. I'm really not a violent person.

And also, I have a question about duels. D took part in a Toastmasters group yesterday; he wants to work on his public speaking. They all gave a two-minute speech on an assigned topic. They talked about the Hamilton-Burr duel, and then they were asked: Who would you duel with?

D took a very rational approach and said duels were too risky, etc. But he asked me at lunch who I would duel with.

I thought about it a minute. I'd never duel with Britney, because you can be sure her daddy taught her how to use a gun when she was 4 or 5. (He shoots at fans who come too close to the house.) So I picked Jessica Simpson. And then I felt bad afterward because she's only a person, after all, even though she's really annoying. D laughed and said I would have won the Toastmasters award.

Who would you pick? (and of course none of us would actually do this!)

Comments

This suzy said…
I can't think of anyone I would duel with. There's not anyone that I dislike enough to want to. lol
Anonymous said…
Ann Coulter? Or Bill O'Reilly? They're the only people I can think of who really drive me nuts. ;)
Anonymous said…
and I'm still waiting to hear the good news!
Bearette said…
Ann Coulter...that's a good one ;)

Sadly, I am still in limbo about my news :( I will let y'all know as soon as I find out...
Lisa said…
Bush! Or maybe Rove. Although Rove might actually be able to shoot a gun. Bush is only a pretend cowboy, so I can totally take him.

I'll let you know if I have any crazy dreams! I'm feeling kind of groggy today, but that could be because I stayed up too late reading. But I haven't been sleeping as well as I thought I would.
Mike said…
Hmmmm, I have quite a list. Of course, we'd probably both miss and have to resort to wiffle ball bats and waffle armor...long story from my youth.
Anonymous said…
Ann Coulter is a great pick. As for disturbing dreams, I am The Queen of 'em...
Anonymous said…
I think I'd pick my mother. By the way, what do you make of the dreams?
Bearette said…
Holy @#&%! That is an original and honest answer. i think the dreams are just the byproduct of melatonin, which gives some ppl nightmares. I think the thread thing relates to my having sewn recently; the Seinfeld thing just comes from me watching the show; and the last one, I did read a somewhat violent scene in a book just before going to bed, and I have some trust/abandonment issues. So, make of it what you will...
Anonymous said…
It sounds from a few of your past blogs that you are taking melatonin for insomnia. Am I understanding you correctly? If I am, I wonder whether you have tried traditional medicine. CP's mother has insomnia, and she has found prescription medication to be helpful. Personally, I have benefitted from psychotherapy. Talking out my feelings helps me sleep better much of the time, and it has not involved medication.
Bearette said…
A - i think it's mostly high metabolism/hyperness that keeps me up, and i talk about everything with d & in my blog anyway. i like the melatonin, now that my body has adjusted to it, and the dreams seem to have tapered off. i also have concerns about prescription rx - side effects, addictive-ness, etc. melatonin is just a natural hormone so i feel more comfortable with it.
verniciousknids said…
Tom Cruise...I'm sure I'd be doing the world a service :D
Bearette said…
hehe...but would you jump up & down on a couch afterward? :D
Elsa said…
I'm with Liz - I'd pick Ann Coulter, Bill O'Reilly or Rush Limbaugh, Jerry Fallwell, etc.

And I'd have to go wtih Lisa's selections, too - Bush and Rove.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!